• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking mor 1st weekend in december, hoping to have a bit more coverage by then compared to opening weekend. I need to get a new board, or at least sort my old one, its got a huge dirty rip in the base that I need to p-tex. I done it on the last day I went up and when I went to my local shops to buy repair stuff they'd already cycled out their snow stuff.

Do you know where Ito Yokado is in Ofuna?

East exit - McD side - cross the road, turn left. Walk towards Yamada denki, and turn right just before Big Apple pachinko parlour, just after a small bank on the corner and walk straight. carry on past Mizuho, Seiyu and walk straight. carry on. carry on some more.

In fact

let me find a map!

ito_map.jpg

I'm getting excited too. Its still exactly 5 months today til we even arrive in Japan, but yesterday I bought a new samsonite suitcase (we were using cheap shop ones that fell apart), mounted up my new board and bindings to get an idea of stance (still have to get my board waxed and edged) and today I bought a new DC backpack to fit into jetstar overhead luggage. So I've been busting out spending money getting ready, but at least I've got it now, rather than worrying about buying it and still trying to save come December or something...

Just dry strapping into my board and bindings with my boots on felt so right... This is going to be one painful summer again,...

As is often the case, I have a ton to do this time of the year and so not wanting time to go to quick. I'll leave the time-consuming excitement more for December when the season starts.

Originally Posted By: rach
Yes still feels fairly summery here, though gradually cooling I suppose. Still got the aircon on now.

wow really!! I've not had the air con on for 2 weeks now, great!! Leave windows open at night, nice cool breeze comng in, I love September weather

I am pumped

Same as everyone else going out buying new stuff.

I even bought a Nintendo Wii with Shaun White Snowboarding to practice.

It will be my Kids first trip OS and to see snow.

And I haven't been for 13 years.

Counting down the sleeps

Seemore

Rob went down to Book Off in Ofuna this afternoon and got a pair of Flow bindings for 4000 yen!! I wasn't even thinking about buying bindings this year but at 4000 yen I'd be stupid NOT to buy them!! I am absoluted stoked that I got em so cheap. My mate got a Burton 159 for 4500 yen, looking good as well. A bit of wax and an edge and its away!! They have got loadsa stuff like you said. I was even tempted to buy some snow blades as well, only 5000 yen but I refrained. Bring it on!!

clap

Hi does this place have a website

I'm looking at buying a board etc out of the states & having it shipped to Japan ready for my trip in Feb but if I can find something suitable in Japan I'd buy it there

any other websites would be appreciated

cheers