Most important ski/snowboard flick this year

I saw a documentary the other night stating that our world's population is currently circa 6 Billion and will be up to 10 Billion by 2050.

Isnt it time we introduced some form of birth control? say 2 kids per family maximum and worldwide.

even if we halve our carbon emissions today, then the world will need to halve that amount again per head by 2050 to maintain the same rates.

It also stated that by 2050 2/3 of thew world's population will live in Asia.

I beleive that China already have a 1 child policy

(this will also keep the ski-fileds a bit less busy too!! LOL)

although I can understand where you are coming from Gareth, how can you possibly enforce that? Not to mention the fact that our countries are built on "being free", so again how could the governments get away with enforcng such big brother procreation on their population? China got/gets away with it because it's a totalitarian regime

I agree that enforcing something is difficult, but it does take a bunch of us to change attitudes and think about our futures. too many of us today dont care and just presume someone else will fix it.

I've got 4 kids, so I'm not pointing fingers.

I'm just hoping society can have a major attitude change.

And tubby, in answer to your first comment, perhaps Durex can start handing out free condoms LOL

China USED to have a one child policy - it has become more relaxed in recent years due to the parents abandoning

On topic - thats why I refuse to fly skiing - so no Hokkaido and loud obnoxious ozzies razz

Yeah, china has probably 1 billion unregistered population from those days.

what do you expect - in the middle of wup-wup and you're a farmer, kids means labour force.

On topic - yeah Rob, it's probably like the Gold Coast QLD and the schoolies up there ...

Population is one thing guys, but how much each person consumes is another.

The average North American consumes a crapload more that the average Indian or Chinese, to magnitudes of 10.

the current environmental devastation is to a huge degree OUR fault, ladies and gentlemen, and we'd better start taking responisibilty for our part before we ask other countries to take theirs.