Well it's that time of year again when I dish out my winter forecaat.

In a few words this winter is going to be a very cold and snowy winter!

Unlike last year much clearer signs all pointing to a very cold winter!

Time to oil up your bulldozers rehandle those old shovels and wait for the snow!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I concur with your prediction, Snowdude. There has been a higher availability of precipitable moisture (up in Hokkaido anyway) for the majority of 2009, resulting in a seemingly endless "rainy season". If this trend continues into the winter(which it should based on Pacific ocean temperatures), we should see greater snow depths this season. Now as to whether it's an "early" winter or "long" winter, I'll have to wait until the salmon show up to make a guess at that!

he collects the toenail clippings of his local obaaaaaasan's, puts them in hot water and makes a toe-nail tea, he then drinks this concoction giving himself hallucinations that enable him to communicate with God who then tells Snodude what the upcoming winter season will be like. Pretty simple really! lol

Sorry muikabochi can't tell you when it will snow where it will snow or what time or anything like that, just can tell you what the season as a whole will be like.

Pie-eater I use / read mother natures signs and then interpret them to allow me to predict the seasons weather, it is a very reliable method I was taught by my grandfather many moons ago, which I have been using for the past few years.

And yes me too I hope I am right although I am quite confident that I am right once again, I want to buy new skis this year, but no point if im going to be skiing on ice, may as well use my old ones and chop them up a bit more.

I look forward to those beers stemik!!!

How "right" were you on last year's prediction?

Originally Posted By: snowdude
, but no point if im going to be skiing on ice, may as well use my old ones and chop them up a bit more.

as this doesn't instill much confidence in your prediction for this year.

Essentially it sounds like you're saying it might snow/it might not snow.

Jelly fish have been all over shonan pretty much since the end of August, haven't been stung yet but seen a fair few of em. There was also a ton of dead fish just rolling round in the surf 2 weeks ago, dunno what that was about but the seagulls and kites had a field day