I'm sorry if there is already a thread similar but I thought I would start this one.

I am sitting here agonizing about making a doctors appointment. I HATE going to the doctors (and dentist) but it has now come to the point where I can not put it off any longer and HAVE to go!! I am actually sweating thinking about going.

Is it because I am scared of what they are going to tell me or what they are going to do???

I dont like it either.

But for me there is an element of 'out of my comfort zone' - I am a creature of routine and habit and anything NEW freaks me out. But I have learnt to push through it.

Dentist I dont enjoy - especially now - I KNOW two of my molar teeth need a root canal in the near future...unpleasant just getting a clean, and I have heard horror stories about root canal!

hate the dentist, don't mind the doctor....strangely I just think of the doctor as "I need to get this sorted, so lets go" whereas the dentist I think is the spawn of satan and just wants to inflict pain

Whats the problem there snowhuntress?

My news is all good (well so says the radiologist) havent seen the doc yet.

Looks like there is no tear, just a very inflammed bursa in my shoulder - likely to have steriod injections into it and rest. YAY!!!!

Well it may appear that the chest pains I have been having for 3 years may now be a bacteria lung infection that should have been treated 3 years ago.

I have been going to the same doctor complaining but was told that if I hadn't died that I was fine and that I just need rest oh yeah and that I had chronic fatigue.

WELL it now turns out I have approx 40% lung use and that is why I have been suffering extreme fatigue and constant aching.

veryangry

I guess in one way it is good news as this new doctor is very much onto it and is not going to rest until he finds out what the problem is. Bad news fix me quick I am going skiing in February. wink

GOOD NEWS MB big smile for you.

I had a mate who is a Uni. Sydney grad doctor who threw away his prescription pad, doesn't know the internet, and said to me he feels like a banker counting all the medicare claims.

You gotta realize it's not that difficult to become a doctor.

Once he is one, and GP don't know much and probably most patients believes he is good because of people skills.

Lot's of doctors don't even send pathology test, (that's the only doctors I trust and even there, I wouldn't trust one from India) and I would have a second opinon when I suspect something . My neighbor got killed (cancer) because of that.

Japa doctors - if your dad's one, he'll make lot's of donations to his school and get his son in there ...

Most doctors are quacks. There are good quacks and bad quacks but quacks all the same.

It's great when you find someone who's on to it.

Wow snowhuntress - that is terrible. I'd be writing a letter of complaint to the Dr, his surgery and to the AMA over that one. Chronic bacterial infection can cause long term damage - that guy has a lot to answer for.

The good news for you - you have been physically active and engaging in alpine sports - all very good for your lungs.

• 2 weeks later...

Well Manned up and went to the doctor.

GOOD NEWS is that the small growth on the ear has responded well to treatment and wont have to be removed (phew!!!!)

BAD NEWS was found out I have a lung infection - causing enlarged lungs that have taken up all my chest cavity hence the chest pains. May have mild emphysema, and found a collapsed vertabrae.

MY HUGE GRIPE is that I have been going to the doctor for 3 years now complaining about chest pains, tiredness, depression blah blah blah and was told not worry I was fit and healthy and if I hadn't died yet it wasn't to serious. ON CHANGING doctors as things were getting worse I am told that the emphysema is from the prolonged damaged to my lungs.

NOT HAPPY JAN!!!!!! veryangry Yes my doctor has put a complaint in on the original doctor.

Hi SH

Yes some doctors don't really have a clue

Iam glad that you have finally found out the problems and now can work towards getting better.

Are you still going over at Xmas?

Seemore

Wow snowhuntress. I am so sorry to hear that result - good that you are finally getting treatment - crap that there is actually ongoing damage from the lack of appropriate treatment.

Bummer.

I really hope that they can get you well and give you rehab exercises that will bring things back to close to normal. My Nan lost an entire lung to cancer (about 7 or 8 yrs ago) and even though it is the smaller lung that remains she manages quite well - she is old and gets a bit breathless at times, but it is amazing how well the body can adapt when things arent perfect.

Seemore Yep come hell or high water will be in Niseko February.

I have been dealing with this problem for 3 years now and trying to the best of my ability to do everything including skiing as best I could.

The doc did tell me that my fitness level has helped me enormously. At least now I can go for a run and now know why it takes me longer to recover.

Best therapy - Going to Niseko Skiing and something to look forward to.

My outlook is SUCK IT UP - GET ON WITH LIFE because you know what there are people out there with serious problems. Mine is only minor in the Big Picture. But thank you for your kind words. wave