A new feature, "Two Aussies, Two Weeks And One Mountain" by Drew Richardson (snowboard_freak), has been put online.

http://www.snowjapan.com/e/features/features-62.html

"When my osteopath told me he was going snowboarding in Japan I thought he was pulling my leg, either that or he had gone a bit crazy. Then he started telling me about the quality and quantity of the snow that Japan gets each and every season. Little did I know that this was to be the introduction to some of the best days snowboarding I have ever experienced."

http://www.snowjapan.com/e/features/features-62.html

Please note that the views expressed in any Features on Snow Japan are not necessarily those of Snow Japan.

Thanks folks.

oblivion - i didn't get bored actually. I thought that i might but i was just way too stoked about the powder to care. I wouldn't mind trying out some other resorts at some stage.

fatty - i'll be back next season. For sure. Probably for a month or so. But my lady wont be coming with me, it'll be a solo mission this time.

\:\)

good sales pitch on niseko, not so fly on oz \:\(

i duwanna ride on ice " title="" src="graemlins/cry.gif" />

i know! maybe i should stay in japan...

...smmmf

snnffll

gigggl gigggl

aaaaaaahh hahahah hahahahaha

hahahhahahahahahahahaahaahah

woooo, that was funny

hmmm, back to work

Maby its just me but I dont tend to get tired of going to the same place if its a good place and the snows good. could be just me though cos Im not adverse to listining to the same music over and over for long periods.

Also, I dont know if SBF is a ritch man but a month in one place is not all that much than 2 weeks if done right but 2 weeks in one place and 2 weeks in another is gonna be twice the price.

(do niseko still have month passes?)

I am by no means a rich man. I wish i was though! If i had a heap of money i would probably travel around a bit more.

Like you jared, i don't really get bored of the same places - especially if the snow is good.

I went to Niseko for the pow and thats what i got. So i'll be headed back there again. If my finances s allow me i might try to go to Nagano, but its not likely. I'd prefer to maximise my boarding time.

I forgot to field mika's comment!

I didn't really intend for the article to be a sales pitch for Niseko or a bag out on Australian conditions. But when you compare the two, Australia doesn't really hold a candle to Japan. Australia is good, i have a heap of fun riding here, but the snow just doesn't compare.

Doesnt sound like sales pitch to me - just his account of what happened - and he had an awesome time \:\)

Sorry cheeseman, i forgot to mention the cheese eating habits while in Japan.

We did eat a bit of cheese though. We got a hunk of brie from Seciomart and some crackers and enjoyed a night of cheese and cracker eating while watching "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire" on tv.

Dumbstick - due to a change of plans i'm spend about 5 weeks down there in a row from the very end of June to the very start of August. Then i hope to get at least 25 days during the rest of the season. That was one of my initial goals before the change plans.