For most Aussies they'll find even the worst queues in Niseko to be pretty tame when compared to most Aussie resorts during busy times. Especially if you're not all that concerned about being first up for fresh tracks.

Oh crud, I forgot about CNY... I remembered to book it after Japan's national day, (11th), but forgot to check CNY as it varies between late Jan and mid Feb...

We didn't even notice the crowds at Shiga Kogen this year, so I doubt there'll be much more noticing next year..

We knew we had booked during the Chinese New Year but I was hoping with the GFC and Winter Olympics it may not get to busy. It was a big discussion go early Feb for the snow or late Feb for the better weather but less snow fall. Big dumps won.

Sciclone - This year Chinese New Year was early so February was great nearly had Annupuri all to myself. friend

Well GFC and Winter Olympics aside I know our company has already booked more people for next season than we had all of last season and during CNY availability is becoming extremely limited. Most of Jan is also very heavily booked. I wouldn't be holding back on booking much longer if you want a nice place.