Hi

I'm sorry if there is already another post that discusses this but I was wondering how strict onsens in Niseko are in relation to tattoos.

A couple of people in our group have tattoos that cover their entire arms and back. Yukuro is the closest onsen to where we are staying in Niseko.

Otherwise, is there somewhere in Niseko which has a private room which we can book out which may allow the tattooed people to enjoy an onsen?

Thanks in advance!

I've got a few tatts and have never had a problem at Yukuro. I've been there a few dozen times so unless the policy has changed this year I don't think there will be a problem. As for the other osens in the area someone else will have to fill you in as I've never been to them.

• 2 months later...
Originally Posted By: Go Native
I think the nearest onsen that you can get private baths is at Kanranomori Hotel near Mt Moiwa.

Yeah I saw on the Kanranomori hotel website that they hire out the private bath (and claim to be the only place to do so in Niseko) but I thought it might be a bit far from where we are staying - we're staying at Asuka apartments near Yukoro onsen.

How far would it be for us to make our way from Asuka to Kanranomori hotel?

Originally Posted By: thursday
or book one of the onsen rooms at the Hirafutei.

I wish I could but we're already booked in at Asuka. Thanks for the suggestion though smile