Proud owners (or soon to be owners) of new gear

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2nd hand shop nearby, they have a bunch of boards, some of em are crap but others are real gems! Sure its got some minor dings at the edges of the deck but nothing to worry about and its still in better nick than my current crappy starter board. I'm well happy

I am with you TB

I believe you have to be an extreme pro for you to be able to notice any nuances between widths, lengths or rockers.

I learn't to ski on Elan 175 hire ski's but i still managed to ski in head high pow and jump of 30 foot cliffs.

I never landed them and spent hours looking for ski's but still did it.

Would brand ne equip have helped? I doubt it!

Seemore

I know a dude who is actually a really good skier and he is still on some 20 year old sticks. He is just not interested in buying new, and scoffs at the suggestion. I reckon he'd notice a hell of a difference but he's not up for it. The original Mr Stubborn.

Haha

We were with a v experience skier who was similar recently - only his ski's were not quite that old - close though. He did try out some newer ones while we were there, and found it easy going.

Also had a friend with snowboard gear that could only be described as "Retro" - he loved his old gear, but bowed to pressure (ours) and holes (in his gear) and bought all new. He still complains that he liked his old gear better!

lol

Originally Posted By: muikabochi
I know a dude who is actually a really good skier and he is still on some 20 year old sticks. He is just not interested in buying new, and scoffs at the suggestion. I reckon he'd notice a hell of a difference but he's not up for it. The original Mr Stubborn.

Muika, I'm old scool , too . There is a reason to it. Yes, you get to a point where you can ride anything but it's shitty when you have to adjust your skill to tools. And even worse the tools become unavailable.
Don't need anything that wide to ride pow. Don't need massive side curve so the only way to turn is leaning, ( in the old days we called it Italian school) I like it soft on the top and stiff at the tail. I still have a Kazama from "81 (198cm) with racing Tirolia that releases in all direction.

I like the K2 crossfire. nice !