Proud owners (or soon to be owners) of new gear

Originally Posted By: stemik
Originally Posted By: Mamabear
See that dangly strap thingy on the right hand bottom of the glove Stemik....cant you attach that to your jacket or wrist somehow! LOL!

yeah....but i was driving at the time and left the gloves on the spare wheel at the back of the car doh doh doh doh

Ok you have whacked yourself upside the head enough times - I wont rub it in.
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did the same with my gloves a few years ago. Last day of the season and i took my right glove off to get out the key to the car and drove off with it on the roof!

now i only open the car with the left hand so if the same thing happens again i'll end up with a workable pair!

I got a new set of gloves at SK this year... Turned up to start snowboarding, and my old ones had fallen apart.,.. I could only find one pair that would fit my hands... which is weird because I have small hands and all the rest were too small.

Originally Posted By: Topless Snowboarding Nun
I have been shopping around myself after using the same gear for 5 years now. Time to change. It's great fun looking at new gear and dreaming, though looking at the funds always dilutes the fun!

if you are in the UK check out the Trespass shops, I got a cracking pair of gloves for 16 quid when I went home last Xmas. Same standard with a "bigger" name would have cost double.

I bought my board and bindings from sierra snowboards in the us and had it shipped to me through a third party for less than it would cost me to buy just the board in oz for. I do go to my local board shop for boots though as they're not something I want to get wrong, though I suppose if you have he same brand, model and size you should be mostly right.

I have everytime in the past as well. It's just that it's near impossible to find any shops in Japan that stock the boot I'm after and even if they do it's not in large enough sizes. Just had to cross my fingers this time.

Now I am really excited - Just purchased Lowe Alpine Expedition Thermal Top and Pants - OR Under Jacket and OR Puffy Jacket

I am going to be SOOOOOOO Snuggy warm next year.

Oh by the way I didn't win lotto but K2 were having a Massive 20 - 50% off sale and I SCORED!!!! clap May head back tomorrow for some more gear.

Its all personal preference MB. Some swear by them, others like yourself aren't into them. I prefer going light/not layering, so normally I just have my down jacket and a chesty bond/board shorts underneath (I wore this in -27*C at Furano last year). I don't notice the cold, but I do get really sore muscles regardless of whether I've been working out/skateboarding/in shape or not, so if it helps support those muscles, then it can't hurt I reckon.

I use my regular skins for the past two seasons found them great skied one day with out them and my legs really noticed put them staight back on next day my sons now use their ones they use at football. I dont know if they help to keep you warm but they do help the muscles these are the shorts style

A trip to Jimbocho in Tokyo awarded me with a cheap Burton Supermodel X 164.

Nagano sports shop end of season sale scored some cheap Burton C60 bindings.

Last years Burton SLI boots (bought at the Big Hat sale in Nagano - cheap)

I love picking up last years gear for such cheap prices.

Itching for the Hakuba pow to start puking down now. My money is on the 26th of November for opening day.

Hey TJ OZ, how much u pick up that Supermodel X for?

I'm going to get myself a libtech Trice 157cm this year to replace my 08 Uninc puppy dog setup. Not sure if it's a wise decision though. Any takers for my 08 Uninc 158cm + Large 08 Uninc EST bindings?

PAAAIAIOMMNFLLHG.jpg

Supermodel X was 49000yen. They threw in the binding plates for the new set up system as well. There was quite a good selection of boards there for late July. They must be about to restock the shelve with all the new stuff. That area is a gear junkies dream.

I see the Trice is going for 63000 yen (25% off of retail) on Rakuten. (+1000 yen for shipping) Price is a bit steep compare to the States but shipping from US already kills any deals from there.

I usually don't buy new year model but this C2 tech is quite hard to resist. Seems like the perfect board for my type of riding and usually TRice get sold out quite quickly for my size (157cm) anyways by the end of season.