Proud owners (or soon to be owners) of new gear

Originally Posted By: Creek Boy
yes. got any advice on video cams?

A friend bought this slick set up last year.
pov.jpg
Its the V.I.O. POV helmet camera.
Its easy to use and takes pretty high quality vids. However, the remote is pretty useless because there is no status light telling you that the video is recording, just a small beep when you switch it on. If you've got the device in a backpack its impossible to tell if the video is recording or not. Also, the point of view angle makes everything seem like its happening in slow motion. So when you watch the video after you've just finished a run it looks a lot less impressive. (We got around that problem by speeding up the videos using iMovie.)

This is what I like to use:
i_main.jpg

Sanyo Xacti VPC-CA. Its water proof and I use it in the ocean as well for taking surf videos. It takes really high quality videos and because of the design you hold it kind of like a gun which makes its easy to use when you are bombing down a run! By far this is the best value video camera to use for snowboarding. You can pick one up for like 35,000Y.
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sanyo Xacti,

Skydiving tested - it works.

Until recently Sony was the only camera which worked under pressure and motion but we have some choices.

The only thing - top mount or side mount on your helmet. Whether you can buy a camera mount or have to make it yourself.

GN, would like to hook up this season if you are using that randonee set up around Niseko area. Last year, first season in Niseko and did null, although got in a lot of good off-piste skiing...not complaining smile but would like to find out about the local randonee possibilities with a local AND hear about the trip to China.

Originally Posted By: Black Mountain
Originally Posted By: Creek Boy
yes. got any advice on video cams?

A friend bought this slick set up last year.
pov.jpg
Its the V.I.O. POV helmet camera.
Its easy to use and takes pretty high quality vids. However, the remote is pretty useless because there is no status light telling you that the video is recording, just a small beep when you switch it on. If you've got the device in a backpack its impossible to tell if the video is recording or not. Also, the point of view angle makes everything seem like its happening in slow motion. So when you watch the video after you've just finished a run it looks a lot less impressive. (We got around that problem by speeding up the videos using iMovie.)

This is what I like to use:
i_main.jpg

Sanyo Xacti VPC-CA. Its water proof and I use it in the ocean as well for taking surf videos. It takes really high quality videos and because of the design you hold it kind of like a gun which makes its easy to use when you are bombing down a run! By far this is the best value video camera to use for snowboarding. You can pick one up for like 35,000Y.

Thanks Black Mtn...I have seen the quality of both of them on other forums and looks good. Will continue researching - I think a trip to Yodobashi Camera is in order smile

Yay!!! My new board and bindings finally arrived today from the US....

2009 Burton Custom 154 ICS

IMG_0417.JPG

Bottom side

IMG_0418.JPG

Bindings - 2010 Burton Cartel EST

IMG_0419.JPG

I chose the pimptastic purple for something different... every one has black or white ones these days...

Originally Posted By: Mamabear
See that dangly strap thingy on the right hand bottom of the glove Stemik....cant you attach that to your jacket or wrist somehow! LOL!

yeah....but i was driving at the time and left the gloves on the spare wheel at the back of the car doh doh doh doh