• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just seen that one. Gets annoying after about 1 minute!

I want this! I want this!  

Fashionably over a barrel at least.....  

Hmmm still not working. Never mind, it's not essential I'll come back to that one.

Got my shipping notice from Apple, so it should be here tomorrow. I should perhaps have waited to wash my hands, but I might wash them again when it arrives. ;)

Hmmm still not working. Never mind, it's not essential I'll come back to that one.

Got my shipping notice from Apple, so it should be here tomorrow. I should perhaps have waited to wash my hands, but I might wash them again when it arrives. ;)

Maybe you need some gloves:

51-TwmrWZ-L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Even if you have perfect vision, indulge me here for a second. You know when you go in for an eye exam and you’re asked to look at a combination of letters and numbers on a chart against a far wall? You read the first few lines, then realize you actually can’t go any further. Then you get prescribed glasses (or contacts) and you can all of a sudden read every letter and number. And even the ones you could read before are now so much clearer.

That’s what it’s like looking at the new iPad versus the older iPads.

It’s weird because I was never one of those people who thought the original iPad’s and the iPad 2′s screen was poor (but there were plenty of those people in the post-iPhone Retina world). I guess it’s just like a pre-glasses world — you never realize how blurry things are because that’s just how you’ve always seen everything. And then you put the glasses on and you wonder how you ever managed without them.

Once you see and use the new iPad, there will be no going back.

Perhaps it’s unfair to say the older iPad screens look “blurry” compared to the new iPad. It’s more along the lines of “fuzzy”. After using the new iPad for an extended period of time then switching back to an iPad 2 (or 1, for that matter), you’ll cringe at the pixelated cloud the appears to surround every app icon. Text will look murky. Colors will look muted.

The iPad 2 is still far and away the best tablet on the market today (the iPad 3 officially comes this Friday, of course), and the new iPad screen manages to make it look like antiquated technology. That’s not to say you shouldn’t get an iPad 2 at the new $399 price, it’s just that if you go that route, don’t bother looking at the new iPad first. It will ruin the iPad 2 for you. Again, this is the best tablet out there right now that we’re talking about.

Ever since Apple unveiled the “Retina” display on the iPhone 4 over a year and a half ago, there’s been speculation about a Retina iPad. To some, it seemed inevitable. To others, it seemed impossible.

There’d be no content. It would cost far too much to make. It would require too much power for a portable machine. Or it would be too thick to accommodate the required huge battery. These were arguments made just a year ago. But Apple has done it.

What we have is a 9.7-inch stab of aluminum and glass that when illuminated, becomes an absolutely stunning display of light and color. At first glance, the new iPad is almost indistinguishable from the iPad 2. The same Smart Covers even fit on both. But it doesn’t matter what the device looks like. What matters is what you’re looking at: the screen.

Looking forward to seeing the screen.

If it's as beautiful as the iphone one, it will be a sight to behold.

Haven't got an ipad 1 or 2 but might be tempted to get this new one.

I wasn't going to get one today, Man, if you mean me.

The new screen really is very special though.

It sounds like they've really upped the game and I hope its the start of higher resolution on displays in laptops and other tablets.

It might make me even buy a mac laptop, especially now they run windows well.

I wasn't going to get one today, Man, if you mean me.

The new screen really is very special though.

Ah, sorry.

Thought you meant you were going to get one.

Besides the screen, which is all anyone is talking about, anything else of worthy mention?

Not sure there is really.

Smooth and sexy, but do was the 2.

It will all be about the apps now.

For me, the screen was pretty much what I wanted, so I'm well pleased.

Didnt and won't be using the camera or certainly not much.