• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just seen that one. Gets annoying after about 1 minute!

I want this! I want this!  

Fashionably over a barrel at least.....  

Its on the qt, but Ipad1 has started to be ditched. Ironically it was Adobe who did it before Apple, because Photoshop Touch, out two weeks ago, and Iphoto, out yesterday, don't run on it.

With s/h prices high, it might be time to upgrade indeed. I'm starting to feel a bit tempted. Its my year end coming up as well.

Over to the King of Pop for the next question GG. Shamone!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBAiZcNWecw

Glad I sold when I did! I hope the person who I sold to isn't feeling bad about it now, I feel almost guilty about it.

Black definitely, for me. I might be wrong, but I imagine that the contrast appears better with a black border.

I just like black things anyway so a no-brainer for me.

:bumtish:

I see shipping for new orders has slipped to the following week now.

2-3 weeks in some places now.

Will they still be selling them in the shops come Friday?

Not that there's an Apple shop in Tokamachi!

I went into an Apple Shop (within a shop) yesterday in Niigata and they only had iPad 2 out.

They were selling each model of iPad2 for 10,000 yen off.

Seems as though the first people will see of the new one will be when however many thousands get theirs delivered on Friday.

Interesting article from Time magazine about the iPad for you all to discuss:

You really, really wanted an iPad 3. Yep, Apple’s new iPad is just called “iPad,” or “The new iPad,” if you want to get technical about it. Sure, the company already does that with its MacBook lineup (ever heard of a MacBook Air 2 or a MacBook Pro 3?), but no, you definitely wanted an iPad 3, so who cares if it comes with a holodeck or lets you travel through time — you’re not spending penny one for anything without the number “3″ in the moniker.

1024 x 768 pixel resolution is “eye-popping” enough. Remember the Cyndi Lauper song “The Goonies ‘R’ Good Enough”? Insert “1024 x 768,” or just “either of the first two iPads.” Apple’s new iPad takes you higher, of course — to a glorious 2048 x 1536 pixels, or 264 ppi (pixels per inch) — but since that’s technically not iPhone 4S caliber (326 ppi), you’re not budging. “Retina” display? Pffft.

You live outside your area’s 4G LTE umbrella. Why pay upwards of $800 for an iPad that’ll only connect at prehistoric 3G speeds? What’s Apple trying to pull here? (Wait, they still sell a model that’s Wi-Fi-only for $500?)

The “new” iPad is bigger and heavier. The iPad 2 is 0.34 inches and weighs 1.33 pounds. The “new” iPad, by contrast, is 0.37 inches and weighs 1.4 pounds. Imagine the added strain on your wrists and metacarpals!

You wanted an 8-megapixel camera. The “new” iPad’s rear-facing camera only does 5-megapixels. There go all your pro photography dreams of replacing a cheaper, higher-end digital camera that fits in your pocket with a tablet that barely fits in a purse.

It doesn’t come with Siri. Sure, Apple included a voice dictation feature courtesy a mic button on the virtual keyboard, but you wanted Siri, by gosh, and if the “new” iPad won’t answer questions like “Where do babies come from?” or “How much wood would a woodchucker chuck if a woodchucker could chuck wood?” then everyone out of the pool, no “The new iPad” for you.

Read more: http://techland.time...1#ixzz1orqOabAp

1024 x 768 pixel resolution is “eye-popping” enough >>> nah, it isn't. Looks fuzzy compared to da phone.

The “new” iPad is bigger and heavier >>> in some ways I wish it was more and prefer 1 to 2

If so that sounds rather odd.

Though personally I can't really see me wanting to edit photos on an ipad!

No 128GB model also seems odd to me considering things will only end up taking more space.

Its what the camera review site dpreview said. Its less than the screen res of the new Ipad. And Adobe want to charge double the cost of the iPhoto app for it.

A similar app called Filterstorm Pro is good fun on the original iPad. For things like bumping up exposure, playing with the gamma, cropping, and filtered b&w, its quick, for the 6 megapixels I get off my D70 ( :grandpa: ) The touch interface works pretty well too, as I'd imagine it does in iPhoto. Its roundabouty to get to photos onto the iPad and no bloody folders but its fun once they're on there. A new Ipad would actually display more pixels than my monitor which is just 1920x1200. For 35mm sensor digital cameras, the iPad also has a better aspect ratio, 4:3 not 16:9.

Sounds like the launch is going to be an epic fail! ;)

Apple announced over the weekend that it had completely sold out of its pre-order stock for the new iPad, stating that demand for the new tablet is “off the charts.” Now analyst Gene Munster is predicting that Apple will sell over 1 million units during the new iPad launch this Friday, March 16th.

Munster says that if the average selling price of the new iPad is $650 (the different storage models and 4G versions need to be considered), Apple would net a cool $650 million on launch day. Considering it only costs Apple about $310 to make each iPad, that’s quite the profit margin.

1 million? Is that all? I suppose thats the limit to how many they could stockpile for launch.

But seriously. There has to be a time when sales numbers are not as impressive as last time, they can't go on forever with huge curves going up. Surely.

off the charts.

Lots and lots and lots of demand. All the IIs and refugees will come out of their hideouts to queue for an iPad. Good time for immigrration to stop having a tea break.