• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just seen that one. Gets annoying after about 1 minute!

I want this! I want this!  

Fashionably over a barrel at least.....  

Wait for this:

life_book.jpg

You can detach its camera and use it as a digital camera, detach the tablet and use it as such or attach it and use it as the laptop’s keyboard or touch drawing area. There’s also a phone that you can insert into a special area and I guess that this device incorporates the CPU and storage space used by the laptop. The Fujitsu laptop may be bulky, but it’s still an interesting and original design you might want to keep an eye on.

I particularly like the idea of having both a tablet and a laptop in a single gadget and connected through a 16 pin docking area. Data is available right away and the device is sensed immediately, also adding some new features to the laptop. I imagine that some virtual game controls will also add to the experience, once they’re displayed on the slate’s screen. Would you buy a Fujitsu modular laptop like this one?

life_book3.jpg

life_book4.jpg

Well, if they don't release it soon, I'm jolly well going to get one of these

proview_ipad.jpg

Thats the company that is claiming that Apple don't have the trademark in China, right?

Some good Engrish there.

Proview not giving up:

Reuters reports that the dispute over the iPad trademark in China has taken an interesting turn, with Proview Technology filing suit against Apple in the United States over alleged deception related to the deal between the two companies.

Apple set up a dummy corporation known as IP Application Development Ltd (IPAD) to conduct negotiations with Proview over the trademark back in 2009, and Proview's suit alleges that Apple's efforts to keep its identity secret amounted to fraud.

In its filing, Proview alleged lawyers for IPAD repeatedly said it would not be competing with the Chinese firm, and refused to say why they needed the trademark.

Those representations were made "with the intent to defraud and induce the plaintiffs to enter into the agreement," Proview said in the filing dated February 17, requesting an unspecified amount of damages.

The use of dummy corporations is not particularly unusual in business negotiations, with companies sometimes seeking to keep their identities secret as they work to acquire intellectual property and other assets in support of products under development. By keeping their identities secret, high-profile companies hope to avoid having their plans become public while also looking to strike more favorable deals with companies who think they are dealing with a small business rather than a deep-pocketed industry leader.

MacRumors discovered in the weeks leading up to the introduction of the original iPad in January 2010 that Apple had used a similar dummy corporation with a nearly identical name of IP Application Development LLC to register its own iPad trademarks.

Apple claims that its IPAD dummy corporation purchased the rights to the iPad trademark from Proview in ten countries back in December 2009. Proview has claimed that the transaction did not include the Chinese rights, and the two companies are currently facing off in a number of Chinese courts over the matter. A Hong Kong court ruled last year that Proview and several of its subsidiaries and associated companies had conspired to extort millions of dollars of Apple's by refusing to turn over the Chinese rights to the trademark, but Chinese courts have in several cases sided with Proview.

Decided to sell iPad 1. Having three of the things once the new one is released for two of us would be a bit silly. And probably best to sell before ipad3 comes along.

Looks like ones on yahoo auction 32 wifi going for 20,000-25,000 yen.

Considering the masses of enjoyment it has brought, that would just a total bonus.

Note to silly self - keep the original box, you wally!! :doh:

You might well be right.

But you know what, I'm well pleased with what I got.

The thing has brought me many hours of use and I'm not into the idea of ripping people off. It is after all 2 years old, though still in top conditions (possibly battery aside).

Going to give it a good clean this evening and then send it off tomorrow.

I looked at Yahoo Auctions myself the other day and the 64GB Ipad 1 we bought s/hand last year is basically still the same price.

I've not been considering it seriously, but its probably going to be a good time to sell since with the new one, better screen means more power, and more power means can handle better OS, which means Ipad 1 will be dropped from iOS sooner or later. In the past, some Ipod Touches were dropped from iOS updates only a few months after the new model came out. Ipad1 has already had a year.