Well, you know, people have been known to make mistakes and/or not do things the way they should do.

It's hardly world headlines at the moment that devices are being bricked is it?

Yep that is true. However, he has a PhD in computing so I suspect he knows what he is doing. ;)

And if you want, do a google search for iOS 5, there are problems out there, so my suggestion is just wait a bit...

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just seen that one. Gets annoying after about 1 minute!

I want this! I want this!  

Fashionably over a barrel at least.....  

:lol:

Come on come on.

It is BOUND to cause some issues for "some people".

With something of this scale and complexity, it would be almost impossible for it to NOT cause problems for "some people".

Lets not get carried away shall we.

I will see how mine goes this evening.

• 2 weeks later...
Angry Birds Is About To Get A $1.2 Billion Valuation

The "valuation" is speculative - merely the possible suggestion that someone might think it is worth something. Share valuations are not an indication of true VALUE. They are simply a measure of optimism in the potential of the business model.

And, this game is only a part of their portfolio. So the valuation is representative of optimism in their ENTIRE portfolio, including stuff they haven't released yet.

----------------------

There are More Copies of Angry Birds Than There are Humans In the United States

Most games are happy selling 1-2 million copies. For mobile gaming sensation Angry Birds, 1-2 million is but a grain of sand upon its beach of money.

The game's creator, Rovio, announced yesterday that Angry Birds has moved half a billion copies. Sure, it's cheap (and sometimes free!), but still. Moving 500,000,000 copies of a game is one hell of an achievement, regardless of the cost.

Angry Birds Is About To Get A $1.2 Billion Valuation

The "valuation" is speculative - merely the possible suggestion that someone might think it is worth something. Share valuations are not an indication of true VALUE. They are simply a measure of optimism in the potential of the business model.

And, this game is only a part of their portfolio. So the valuation is representative of optimism in their ENTIRE portfolio, including stuff they haven't released yet.

----------------------

There are More Copies of Angry Birds Than There are Humans In the United States

Most games are happy selling 1-2 million copies. For mobile gaming sensation Angry Birds, 1-2 million is but a grain of sand upon its beach of money.

The game's creator, Rovio, announced yesterday that Angry Birds has moved half a billion copies. Sure, it's cheap (and sometimes free!), but still. Moving 500,000,000 copies of a game is one hell of an achievement, regardless of the cost.

None of which argues against my point that the valuation is not JUST for Angry Birds. Yep half a bill copies is impressive, but still not everything that the valuation is based on. and ... there are HUMANS in the US?? :omg:

Joke, joyce, joke! :D

The success of Rovio is almost entirely due to Angry Birds and nothing else. You have to be a stubborn fool to try and argue otherwise.

Heck, even the company themselves don't argue otherwise.

^^^^^^

In spite of the three available games, people still want more Angry Birds. The company has been growing in size to accommodate this demand by developing Angry Birds-themed toys, accessories, and even movies.

"We're insanely profitable," Vesterbacka said. "We are very, very profitable. We're not a publicly traded company yet but we can fund our own growth."

Merchandise makes up about 10 to 20 percent of Rovio's business, through plush dolls, toys, apparel, speakers, board games and a lone cookbook.

Rovio has also extended the reach of Angry Birds, which was originally only available in Apple's App Store, by porting the game to Facebook, PSP, the Android Market, Palm's App Catalog, Google Chrome and other mobile platforms.

Even Russian President Dmitri Medvedev has praised Angry Birds, for "creating an occupation for a huge number of officials who now know what to do with their leisure time."

The company continues to expand. The company recruited Tele2 CEO Harri Koponen to develop merchandise and books, and former Marvel Studios chairman David Maisel, producer of the 'Iron Man' films, who has agreed to be an adviser and executive producer of Angry Birds' movies.

"Hollywood hot for the [Angry Birds] brand," said Rovio's North American general manager Andrew Stalbow at TechCrunch Disrupt. "There's a very strong focus on Angry Birds to turn it into an entertainment franchise. That's why I joined."

Should Rovio choose to go public in 2012, it would join other social media titans eyeing their own IPOs, including Zynga, Groupon and Facebook. But more so than other gaming companies, Rovio has what it takes to compete in the public market. In less than two years, Rovio has amassed 150 million active users and can fund itself with its ever-growing array of merchandise, given that everything Rovio puts on the shelves subsequently flies off them.

"We think we have a good shot at being the first entertainment brand that has a billion fans--people we can talk to and have a dialogue with every day," Vesterbacka said.