• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just seen that one. Gets annoying after about 1 minute!

I want this! I want this!  

Fashionably over a barrel at least.....  

• 2 weeks later...
In what may very well be one of the last leaks of information leading up to the eventual release of the next generation iPad, that being the date, March 7th. According to reliable sources speaking with the folks at iMore, the date is set in stone and will indeed be accompanied by a release of the next iPad device. Whether or not it will be called the iPad 3 is still up to debate, but details such as a 2048×1536 Retina display and a quad-core Apple A6 chip seem to be becoming more and more solid each day.

:dance: :groovy:

Do you guys use a cover for your ipad?
Yes. I have one with a wireless keyboard in it, rarely use it as a keyboard but does let me stand it at various angles. Makes a great bedside clock and alarm, charging overnight.

Kids both have the magnetic on/off covers.

PB has a smart leather cover with space for pad and pen and business cards.

Older two are gamers - reject the iPad for now.

Good memory GG.

I changed my mind.

Was using my laptop on my lap a lot, and it was getting HOT. Started thinking about what possible negative effects it may have, so instead of buying a new laptop for me and for PB and for each of the boys (all of ours were either dead or on the way out) we went with one big iMac to share in the lounge, and an iPad each. Mine and PBs with a 3G sim card.

Kids school is Mac based anyway, so makes life easier for them too.

See what discussion on the interwebs can do....can even convince a rusted on windows user to switch ;)

Do you love it now?

The only thing that annoys me really still is no Flash. It's annoying to not be able to view it as there is a lot out there.

I am going to get an iMac when the new ones are released. (Even though Jynxx said they are 'crap'!!!!!).

Do you love it now?

The only thing that annoys me really still is no Flash. It's annoying to not be able to view it as there is a lot out there.

I am going to get an iMac when the new ones are released. (Even though Jynxx said they are 'crap'!!!!!).

Yes ... I adore it!

Yeah, no flash is a bit annoying at times, but really I see the my iPad as an advance on the convenience of my phone rather than a step back from all the features on my full sized laptop.

Love that it is small and convenient and I Can disable the wireless in the Q club then whip it out on flights for movie watching, working, or just reviewing stuff.

Love that I can stick it in my Water Polo kit bag and if I get half an hour of boredom I can browse SnowJapan, or actually do some work...

Love that I can go do the 3 hour cut, color,treatment haircut but not be stuck reading those horror fashion mags...instead I can surf SnowJapan.

Love the quick start up!

Love that it is easy to move from room to room with me, so I can still be a Mum doing the cooking, cleaning, ironing and laundry, but with entertainment at my fingertips.

Love the long battery life, and easy charge options when traveling.

Love pulling up a recipe online and standing the thing on the kitchen counter. It is like the worlds biggest recipe book, constantly updating itself with its own handy recipe book stand.

I am sure there are dozens more, hundreds even....but these would be the top reasons I am SOLD.

Haha well said. Didn't know you needed it until you had it hey?

I still just love the super slickness of it all. It really is a great thing. And when that display bumps up to super resolution, it's going to boggle and already boggled mind.

I wonder if Mr Cook will go back on the Flash thing. Doubt it, but can only hope.

Haha well said. Didn't know you needed it until you had it hey?

I still just love the super slickness of it all. It really is a great thing. And when that display bumps up to super resolution, it's going to boggle and already boggled mind.

I wonder if Mr Cook will go back on the Flash thing. Doubt it, but can only hope.

Doubtful now that HTML 5 is getting the full push out now and is going to make flash pretty much obsolete.

I don't know about this html5 thing. I don't even know what it is.

All I know is that a LOT of stuff on the web uses Flash. That is not going to change overnight.

So it is just silly that the ipad does not let us see that current content....now.

That's all.

:friend:

Oh... Got another LOVE to add.

I am currently doing a lot of organizing with team information...sticking info from emails into tables, getting quotes for manufacturing of merchandise and doing the quick sums and reply emails etc. It is all well and good having a couple of windows open on the big screen iMac, but everynow and again it is SO much easier to have something open on the iPad sitting next to the iMac and running both...transferring data across and stuff. Time saving and efficient.

No-one knows.

Apple are funny like that. Very curious the way they do things. They got TONS of publicity out of rumours and speculation though.

I think last year it was on sale a week after the announcement in the US and then a couple of weeks later in the UK. Can't remember when it was available in Japan.