Originally Posted By: JA
A phone is for making phone calls and possibly for text messages.

Are these 'rules' laid down somewhere so that we can consult and learn?
Bit confused about the text messages bit though - which is it, the phone is for text messages or not?

But seriously, don't think about it so much! We can all happily carry around however few or many gadgets we want to, surely. I couldn't give a monkeys what other people use.
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just seen that one. Gets annoying after about 1 minute!

I want this! I want this!  

Fashionably over a barrel at least.....  

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
a GPS unit for location??!! Thats not very "BOF" of you....whats wrong with an OS Map and a compass??!!
wink

Yeah, used them in the Armed forces too, easy tro use and quite portable. BUT, not easy to transfer references to a digital map for reference.

an "OS" map, you mean a "paper" map?? WTF is OS? Oh, I see, "Old Style". Whatevah!
Originally Posted By: muikabochi
We can all happily carry around however few or many gadgets we want to, surely.

Yeah, you carry one unit that does everything but kiss you goodnight, and I'll carry a foursome of units to do the same thing.

And, when one of them fails (which electronic thingos are wont to do without warning) I'll still have 3 functional units while you get your "multifunction" device fixed (or not!).

Your call!
Originally Posted By: grungy-gonads
What ARE you blabbering on about?! lol
Don't worry your brain cell about it, gg. Lots of others have got it!
Hmmm, I think I might just manage to live with such monumental risks.

lol

Damn, that's one hell of a risk you are taking there muikabochi.
A braver man than I, no doubt.
I respect that.
Originally Posted By: JA
Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
what is OS...Ordnance Survey
Only in Britain.

so you do know what it was....just playing silly buggers

Nah, tb, just needed a brain cell to be reminded. I have heard the term, just fergot - momentarily. (Comes with old age, ya know?)

buy a new unit - No, seriously! The iWhatever batteries are not an easy change. I'd be finding a pro to do it for me - that way, if it stops working afterwards I could demand replacement with a new one.

Good luck!

[Edit: I have tried replacing the battery in iPods - a couple of them - and my + has tried a couple as well. None of them were successful. Cheaper to get a new item - must be a design feature.]

JA, why have you been trying to replace iphone batteries in the first place?
If you bother to read my post, you'll note that I mention iPOD batteries. Yes, they DO fail, yes they ARE horrendous to replace.

And, for gg's benefit, NO, I'm not looking for something to moan about, just making a statement of fact.

Yes I did. Mainly because the missus wanted one.

Actually it's not that exciting. Certainly thinner but I have got to admit that I don't really notice much difference performance wise. Not that I'm testing it or anything. It certainly isn't a must have upgrade.

Hopefully 3 will have a "retina screen" or whatever they want to call it.