• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just seen that one. Gets annoying after about 1 minute!

I want this! I want this!  

Fashionably over a barrel at least.....  

Difficult to get one still.

I did though and I really enjoy using it on the sofa.

Certainly not something that is needed, but it's great to have.

Quote:
THE Queen has ordered staff to buy her an iPad - after being wowed by her grandsons' gadgets.

Princes Wills and Harry gave her a crash course in how the touchscreen tablets work when they took theirs along to Buckingham Palace.

The 85-year-old monarch will be able to browse the internet, watch music, play games and download apps.

But she can't play those Flash games. wink

Local TV mob in Oz did a comparo between the iPhone vs Android.

The summary is that the iPhone is more secure because there is no way someone can install a mongrel app because all apps are vetted at Apple before being made available through the iTunes Store.

By comparison, android apps can be got from anywhere, and there's no control, so any idiot can install anything on your android by remote and then hijack your phone for their own purposes.

Seems the Apple system is more secure.

OR ... another reason to stay away from the iPhone, and stick with one that takes/makes phone calls and txt messages AD NO MORE! Keep the other stuff fro a more easily secured unit (like a PC/Mac).

Goodonya, muika.

A phone is for making phone calls and possibly for text messages. A camera is for taking photographs, a desktop is for browsing the internet (NO not just the web, but the text universe that still exists on the internet).

OK, I'm a BOF, but at least I have an idea about the history of the internet, and that it CAN still be accessed without all the bells and whistles.

IF you cannot see the differentiation I am making, I feel for you. The agglomeration of functions into a single component is a double edged sword. Yes, the multiple functionality in a single item is an advantage in that there are fewer items to carry around BUT the failure of one part of the system means the whole thing is slightly (if not completely) useless.

Me, BOF and all, would prefer to carry a camera for pictures, a phone for talking, a GPS unit for location, and a bottle of Scotch for drinking! wink

Originally Posted By: JA

A phone is for making phone calls and possibly for text messages. A camera is for taking photographs, a desktop is for browsing the internet (NO not just the web, but the text universe that still exists on the internet).

OK, I'm a BOF, but at least I have an idea about the history of the internet, and that it CAN still be accessed without all the bells and whistles.

IF you cannot see the differentiation I am making, I feel for you. The agglomeration of functions into a single component is a double edged sword. Yes, the multiple functionality in a single item is an advantage in that there are fewer items to carry around BUT the failure of one part of the system means the whole thing is slightly (if not completely) useless.

Me, BOF and all, would prefer to carry a camera for pictures, a phone for talking, a GPS unit for location, and a bottle of Scotch for drinking! wink

Agreed thumbsup
but the power source (charger, battery) is another story thumbsdown