Tell you what though it really is incredible the way Apple can keep all the information about new products under wraps (almost) until they announce.

One of the last rumours I read was that the new ipad has been shipped from China on the way over to the US.

Just amazing the way they keep completely quiet about everything and at the same time keep everyone guessing.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just seen that one. Gets annoying after about 1 minute!

I want this! I want this!  

Fashionably over a barrel at least.....  

Today’s announcement of the March 7 iPad 3 unveiling has managed to push the Cupertino, Calif.-headquartered designer of shiny electronics to a new lifetime high. The Apple stock, which trades on NASDAQ under the AAPL symbol, was up nearly nine points, or more than 1.5-percent, in early afternoon trading.

Valued at $534.08 a share, the company was just shy of $500 billion in market valuation at the time of this writing.

Got to hand it to Apple.

Does any other company whip up such a frenzy simply by announcing an event to launch a product?!

Part of the reason is that money is now very tight in the media industry (newspapers etc.)

Newspapers employ very few journalists compared to the past. They cannot afford to pay many people very much any more.

This means they are happy to put out press releases and other content handed to them from companies.

As you say Apple are better at playing the media than other companies, but they shouldn't be able to get anything like the publicity they do in proper news outlets. Its symptomatic of a major demise in journalism.

As a similar example, McDonalds get lots of free publicity off Japanese tv whenever they do a new burger. Any old rubbish to fill five minutes.

They really milk it don't they.

Having said that, lots of the excitement comes from their total silence and just everyone getting excited about the products.

Bottom line is they have to have the great products to begin with and get that kind of love. So you'd think anyway.

I know what you mean about things like McDonalds. Another good example is Disney. They seem to get hour-long specials!!

Looks like the 'Home' button stays.

And in all seriousness, its probably because google/samsung have a patent on it.

Wonder if they will finally change to a micro USB port as well/