• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just seen that one. Gets annoying after about 1 minute!

I want this! I want this!  

Fashionably over a barrel at least.....  

• 2 weeks later...

OK so I just want to say that I can hardly tell any difference between ipad1 and ipad2 - I dont play any major games - and I might even prefer the original one.... feels more sturdy.

3 needs to take a jump up and get that retina screen.

That's an interesting opinion. Early adopters usually get a bad rep, but people sometimes get things right the first time.

My main point is just that I really can't tell much of a (any?) difference in terms of performance. I really can't. The new one is slimmer but the first one kind of feels more sturdy.

I don't regret having both, actually 1 is used mostly by gg-ess. They are fab devices and use them a lot.

It's the improved screen that will surely be what 3 needs, and I look forward to that.

Funny how there STILL isn't an ipad killer.

Funny how Apple are whining and crying to courts of the world to stop Samsung trying to sell a "better" product. Slimmer. lighter, better screen, better contrast ratio, better battery life, better camera's, ....so .whats the main problem? apple says it 'looks' like their product.

The only place that the Ipad wins hands down is the app store, there are undoubtedly far more apps for the ipad, but 99.9% don't interest me. Android has enough apps that I want and use.

Ipad killer is just fluff for the media to harp on about. The Galaxy tab 10.1 is the best tablet on the market (or currently banned in some markets). the Ipad has the best package.

What a load of old bollocks.

I don't know enough about the court cases, but isn't it just them trying to retain advantage in the marketplace? Would you protect your business if you could?

I remember you were loving the Galaxy Tab. I have one too, remember. It's basically now my car navi. It is a pathetic attempt compared with the ipad.

I had a play with 10.1. It is better than the original Tab, but to say Tab is the best tablet on the market? :rollabout:

Body part apps?! What are they? Games?

Like I said I don't play big graphically intensive games on da pad. But in general day to day use, I don't notice any difference.

Educational tools to observe the lymphatic system, heart structure etc.

What a load of old bollocks.

I don't know enough about the court cases, but isn't it just them trying to retain advantage in the marketplace? Would you protect your business if you could?

I remember you were loving the Galaxy Tab. I have one too, remember. It's basically now my car navi. It is a pathetic attempt compared with the ipad.

I had a play with 10.1. It is better than the original Tab, but to say Tab is the best tablet on the market? :rollabout:

Sigh... face palm..... spec wise the 10.1 is a better tablet, App wise (which it seems is the only factor that counts) the ipad is untouchable. that is undisputed.

Don't confuse the current 7 inch tab and the 10.1 they are totally different products, they oddly share the same name Pathetic attempt compared to an ipad? its not an ipad! its not in the same category. its a 7 inch hybrid oversized phone, treat it as such and it great highly portable tool. And yeah, I love my current 7 inch tab, use it hours everyday, watching HD video on the train, browsing the net, as a navi, as a video player at school. as a phone with a bluetooth headpiece, it is my phone.. The damn thing fits in your pocket. Obviously it's not for everyone, but for me commuting a lot - it's perfect.

I think I said but I have played around with the 10.1 a fair bit. Enough to get more than an initial impression. It's nowhere near as sleek and user-friendly as the ipad. Just ain't. Perhaps you haven't used both extensively.

As for the 7 inch. I find it almost unusable compared to the ipad. It shudders, it stutters, it tries to do things. But not in an elegant way at all. Bit of a fail I reckon. But hey you say don't compare them. Why mention it then, in the ipad thread? :confused:

You use the 7 inch Tab as a phone?! :lol: :lol: Bet that looks funny.

which 10.1? the first aborted one or the much improved newer one? not sleek? it's thinnner, and lighter than the ipad 2 which gives me the impression you played with the early version 10.1 not the latest edition, which is "too" sleek and upset the applecart.

It shudders? really? sorry but you must have got a dud, wipe it an reinstall from scratch. I find it very usable, I think I am a lot less fussy than you, but there you go, and as a phone - read my post - I use a bluetooth earpiece.

Also "why mention it?" I didnt - you brought it up, I defended it. I initially only talked about the new 10.1 which is a seriously nice piece of hardware, but with disputed usability it seems.

I have just one device for all my needs - the 7inch, Not rich enough for multiple toys :-)

The "much improved newer one". The one that still ain't as good as the ipad.

The Galaxy Tab 7 indeed shudders and splutters as you use it. You obviously are used to it and accept it. I find it irritating. ipad does none of that smooth as extremely smooth silk.

Reading some reviews now:

If you’re choosing an Android device, then the Sony S Tablet is a clear front runner. There’s a lot here to make it stand out, even over quality competition from the Samsung Galaxy 10.1 and forthcoming Galaxy 7.7. In a straight fight with the iPad 2, however, Android still falls short, but Sony should be commended for taking its time to make a considered entry to the tablet fight.

If the Sony one lets you do what you like with the SD card and the USB/Bluetooth, it could be pretty good. The Ipad is very poor for getting your own content (i.e., not bought from Apple) like movies and photos on. You can't even make a folder for your photos on the thing itself. With an SD card slot and freedom to access it, you can omit much of the storage from the device, making it cheaper as well.