• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just seen that one. Gets annoying after about 1 minute!

I want this! I want this!  

Fashionably over a barrel at least.....  

Quote:
BBC.com managing director Luke Bradley-Jones has dropped some knowledge on the TV-loving world by revealing that the iPlayer's global launch will be on a "pure paid subscription model," to be followed thereafter by partnerships with advertisers on "free" areas of the British TV catchup service. The US is specifically named as one of the first new markets for the venture, which is expected to go live in the middle of next year. In addition to knowing you'll have to shell out to get your fix of Top Gear, Doctor Who and, erm, The Foods that Make Billions, you'll also be wanting to know that the first platform for the iPlayer outside the UK will be none other than Apple's iPad.

Indeed, had Apple gone with docomo I would more than likely be sporting an iPhone - as it is they forced my hand towards Android and now I sporting a gTab - and very happy.

Softbank needs to sort out its coverage and strength of signal, so often you will be out with guys with iPhones or regular softbank handsets and they can't get any signal at all and you have 2-3 even 4 bars of signal, inside buildings is the the worst.

Still not a bad deal. can imagine they would be pretty stringent giving away the free pads to gaijins not with spouse or permanent residents visa's.

How much data does that include Sg? Is it "unlimited"?

I suppose it might be a good deal even though Softbank smell like poo.

Android vs App Store.

I'm afraid I think App Store wins EASY on that score.

Admitedly I have spent more time with it, but that's certainly my impression of using both.

Originally Posted By: SG
Softbank are giving the ipad away for FREE - the catch? a two year 3g data contract at 4800yen a month.
hmmmm.
not a shabby deal at all......

New arrivals who just want Net, email, skype etc. could use this instead of home phone and computer.
Originally Posted By: grungy-gonads
Well you wouldn't if you are in an area that is well covered.

Sure, but the area hasn't changed. I just have better connections with the iphone than the keitai which was always loosing signal thus lending fuel to my "I Hate Softbank" fits. Now, it ain't so bad on a day to day basis in inaka Izu.
  • SnowJapan Admin

Yes, that is right the Photo Gallery is only on the iPad version and never has been on the other versions. We added that when we decided to do with ipad version with that larger screen.