• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just seen that one. Gets annoying after about 1 minute!

I want this! I want this!  

Fashionably over a barrel at least.....  

Three years behind the curve here, but I just got one of those Nike running sensors for our Ipod Touch.

It's a good system, but you can't view the Nike Plus website from your Ipod. It's done with Flash. doh

Quote:
Microsoft is set to release a series of Windows-based, tablet-style computers this year as it seeks to see off the challenge posed by Apple’s iPad.

Steve Ballmer, Microsoft’s chief executive, told delegates at the company’s annual worldwide partner conference that they would find the range of devices “quite impressiveâ€.

So, not "very impressive" then.
Originally Posted By: Mr Wiggles
Three years behind the curve here, but I just got one of those Nike running sensors for our Ipod Touch.

It's a good system, but you can't view the Nike Plus website from your Ipod. It's done with Flash. doh

What's it do Mr Wiggles?
I saw it in the shop, it doesn't say on the box, and I have never heard of google.

GG

Its a sensor that you put in your shoe which logs distance and speed when you go walking and running. It keeps a record of when you run and how far/fast. Its good for unmotivated #$%# like me who can 't be bothered to write things down with a pencil, but still need things to be recorded to stay motivated enough to get out the door. If you've got an Ipod already, its only 2000 yen provided you don't bother with the Nike shoes with a built in pocket for the sensor. They've just brought out a heart rate monitor for it too, but it only works with one kind of IPod. Its a bit crap really.

If you had the GPS in an Iphone, you wouldn't need a sensor in your shoe and could use a different app, but we get bad Softbank reception in our house.

Anyway, my point was that its a bit crap for Apple to not support Flash when their official partners (here Nike) make heavy use of it on an Ipod specific website.

You can get all kinds of sports watches to do the same thing perhaps with more accuracy, but many are as expensive as an Ipod and cannot play music, without which running can be pretty bloody boring. No games or surfing on the sofa either.

Originally Posted By: Mr Wiggles
Oh and the system is called "Nike Plus" or "Nike + IPod".

With that and it using flash ---- piss take really isn't it.

Saw an app that showed the star position depending on where you are and what declination you hold it at, on the 'pad las week. Looks interesting (but that makes it a supremely expensive planetarium).

Originally Posted By: snowbender
But that "planetarium" can also do thousands of other fun/useful things, can't it.

Nothing I've found that cannot be either ignored OR got elsewhere. I mean "Saving Private Sheep" FFS!