Originally Posted By: Funski
Originally Posted By: stemik
Originally Posted By: 2pints,mate
If only they did a Hakuba valley season pass.
Now that would be good.

They actually do but only for a selected few local kids and the the lucky 300 in the Happy 7 lottery.
smile I had one last year.

What's the Happy 7 lottery? Where can I find out more about it?

No details out yet. Let me check this weekend.

popped into Happo this morning.....Season passes go on sale from October 1st....they didnt tell me the price, but hinted on some early season discount.

I will post the prices when i know.

• 2 weeks later...

Happo will have early bird season passes for the first time.

55,000yen

They will also be doing a weekday season pass and a kids season pass. Early bird passes are available from October 1st to October 31st.

Originally Posted By: stemik
Happo will have early bird season passes for the first time.
55,000yen
They will also be doing a weekday season pass and a kids season pass. Early bird passes are available from October 1st to October 31st.

Do they have to be bought in person or can you buy them other ways (e.g. online etc.)?

they said the forms will be online, not sure if this meant you can download the forms then take it into the office or you can apply online.

last couple of seasons they only took cash at the office - but this season they are changing things a bit.

Originally Posted By: Funski
What's the Happy 7 lottery? Where can I find out more about it?

Looks like it has been renamed the Hakuba-mura Monitor Season Pass, and is only 6 areas now: Sun Alpina, Goryu, 47, Happoone, Iwatake and Minekata. Lottery entry starts tomorrow, ends 10/14: Monitor Season Pass.

Highland's a good place to sledge with little ones. You can park right next to hill, good views, steep enough at the bottom, noone to avoid, and an onsen right there if you get soaked. Its much better than the bigger resorts. Some of their kids areas aren't very good.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally Posted By: bobby12
the sun alpina season ticket is very cheap and it is good if you are coming up from the south (matsumoto / omachi). you can walk there from the train station and they also have a nice rotenburo and really cheap dorm. it`s also less crowded than the big hakuba resorts.

the sun alpina resorts are Kashmayari, Aokiko & Sanosaka. They are all inter connected. They all offer a season pass but the season pass only covers the one resort. If you want to ski at the other 2 then you have to pay 1000 yen per day to do so.
If you are staying at Hakuba then the best resort to access is Sanosaka and then ski across the other 2.
Originally Posted By: tripler
Originally Posted By: bobby12
the sun alpina season ticket is very cheap and it is good if you are coming up from the south (matsumoto / omachi). you can walk there from the train station

Which station is that?

that will be Yanaba station on the oita line

it's funny how on Sun Alpina's website they recommend taking two bus connections from Shinano Omachi when a close-up on google maps reveals it's definitely walkable from Yamano station.

I didn't realise it's a decent sized resort. Thanks for the tip.