I am trying to find a link to find a train timetable from Nagano to Myoko, because the train I am getting from Tokyo to Nagano arrives at about 9.30pm ish. Is this too late to make a connection??? Any help is appreciated..

Not too late.

At the moment

Nagano 9:21 > Myoko Kogen 10:03

Nagano 10:24 > Myoko Kogen 11:04

That's on the Shinetsu honsen line.

Slight adjustments probably for winter months, but basically you will be ok.

wave

Have any of you guys done Myoko?? Having been to Niseko for the past years and Shiga once will I be disspointed?? If so out of the resorts there which ones do you reccomend

It depends on what you are looking for?

Mountain fun? Probably not.

Nightlife? Most definitely. Dead at night.

Personally I like Suginohara out of them over there. Might be worth checking out some of the reviews on here.

Generally though I prefer Nozawa and Shiga Kogen over Myoko though.

PS I live basically in a middle point with Myoko, Nozawa and Shiga Kogen all about the same distance from my house. Lucky or what? wink

I don't have the details in front of me now but there are ski buses from Tokyo (Ikebukero) direct to the resorts during the season. Cost (I think) is around 4,000 one way. There are also shuttles from Nagano to Myoko.

Which place you prefer is a matter of personal choice. If you're going to be here for more than 2-3 days why no try them all? There's a regular shuttle that runs between Akakura, Ikenotaira and Suginohara. I prefer Ikenotaira because there's some nice tree runs and it's a bit quieter than the other places. Shin-Akakura (Akakan) is probably my second choice.

Have fun!

PS ID - You are one lucky, lucky dude... smile

It is so interesting hearing each and everyones perspective on each place and what each of us are looking for....me personally anything is better than the wnter we have just had over here.. the last thing I want to do is compare Myoko to Niseko