1. 1. Do you like this poll?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

I now need to make the jump to a real job.....bugger knows what though, I need to find a job that works a tues-thurs, 400,000ï¿¥ per month min, 4hrs a day with fully paid August off........any tips pleez PM me!! wink

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
I now need to make the jump to a real job.....bugger knows what though, I need to find a job that works a tues-thurs, 400,000ï¿¥ per month min, 4hrs a day with fully paid August off........any tips pleez PM me!! wink

wanna trade jobs?

funny how i thought JET was a gravy train at the time, but now it seems like such a bad memory (work wise). zero job satisfaction, grim work environment, mediocre salary for a new graduate, loads of stupid rules about driving/housing etc. these days it must be better with the strong yen though.

DPJ may get rid of JET though, from a comment I was reading.

Most ALT's aren't JET

Yeah, that's the interesting part of it. Non-JET ALTs now outnumber JET ALTs. But there's a huge gap in the working conditions of the two groups. And Japanese teachers don't realize it. They think that their 'ALT' is going home to take a nap at 3 PM when actually they have to teach 4 more eikaiwa classes until nine at night.
Originally Posted By: ger
Most ALT's aren't JET

Yeah, that's the interesting part of it. Non-JET ALTs now outnumber JET ALTs. But there's a huge gap in the working conditions of the two groups. And Japanese teachers don't realize it. They think that their 'ALT' is going home to take a nap at 3 PM when actually they have to teach 4 more eikaiwa classes until nine at night.

really?? I don't......mind you that is probably evident in my posts!! lol I asked a teacher today if he had a nice summer and he said NO, he had to work everyday!! One of the huge benefits of beng a teacher s the holidays, but in Japan they don't get them......kind of makes teachng seem that bit worse.