Went up to hachimantai yeterday - there was no snow on the ski-jo but on the road over to Akita there was still plenty and a few groups of ppl building jumps etc..even soem that had lugged some rail us there.

Anyone still at it?

I didnt ski yesterday cos I was just drivin with some friends but I might go back up there this weekend and build something. Maby go for something quater pipeish just for a change.

A couple of friends and I went to Kagura last Saturday. There was actually still quite a bit of snow around. They only had a couple of single chair lifts operating and these only went 2/3 of the way up the main run but it was still good for a bit of fun. We managed to climb up to the top (20min of hard slog in snowboard boots) and enjoy a couple of runs out of bounds through the trees. All things considered, it was worth the effort to get out of Tokyo for the day.

I went yesturday at Whistler. It was no good however. I only did 3 runs. The first two were all right with only a few sprinkles however on the third it was an outright downpoor. I was soaked. Also the Peak and Harmony were closed because of Avy risk so that left on the Red and Emerald.

I keep getting these crappy spring days where it rains. I wish I had the flexibility to go when the weather is good however I can only go weekends and so far the weather has not been cooperating. Hopefully the next two weekends are good as they will be my last.

interesting question - Im not sure the snows a good couple of hours drive from here.

I'm going up this weekend so Ill see if it has changed much since last weekend/ask around.

Poor us, no more snow.

Well, the build up to next season will start soon hey?

And I'm personally looking forward to hearing from the Australians and Kiwis on here about the season down there.

• 2 weeks later...

I just had my last day of lift surviced skiing. Whistler was amazing yesturday. The sun was out and it was warm. Women in string bikinis were amazingly beautiful and snow was soft and forgiving. I straightlined some good chutes and hit some very soft bumps. Lots of fun

Anyone else still skiing?

Barok and I went up the tippy top of Shiga Kogen on Saturday with some Japanese mates and built a kicker. Barok was rocking it but I was being a bit of a wuss. Suddenly thunder boomed, lightening crackled and the guard rail around the edge of the road started to spark. We dedided to bail then which was a shame because I had just got over my wussiness after a few lame jumps. Mateys Ive got the ski bug again, just when I thought Id got over it too!

• 2 weeks later...