Originally Posted By: Jynxx
Met a large group of Japanese in Austria staying for 2 weeks. I was told that coming here is popular with the Japanese for catching the early snow. You know how in Japan it's usually 2~4 nights when Japanese go to the snow. well, when they go for 2 weeks, it's Canada or Europe. They say hotels are expensive in some areas (guess where, without someone getting pissed off on this forum) plus the domestic travel, they find it good value and easy access from airports here in Austria.
mind you, they were young at heart but not into staying at backpacker's sort of way.

Well as they stay in hotels their not our market so what do we care how expensive the hotels are. Actually it probably helps get more people into our accom. Great!! razz
  • Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's still getting warm during the afternoons here in Saitama... so depressing... I'm actually sitting at work in shorts right now...

Probably going out first time this year on the weekend of the 21-22 of this month, might check out Niigata, Kagura or something....

Originally Posted By: gaijindrifter
Trees outside my office right now are still green, actually just bought an all-weather camera to take pics of the kouyou when it comes out and of when we head out boarding

I've been thinking about getting a ruggedized camera for snow trips. What model did you get?

weather forecasts look like its going to be quite warm over the weekend in niseko. i hope it starts snowing soon I'm going to be there in less than 3 weeks!

maybe i should go to furano instead considering they are due to have night skiing from the 1st december? more time on the slopes as im only there for 5 days.

Don't worry M once it starts snowing it wont stop. You will have snow when you get there.

Weather is now showing top of the mountain, snow every day from Sunday Morning with Moderate Snow Monday Morning and HEAVY snow on Thursday Morning.