• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am cooking up my trip... I like to think about 2 trips with the first one in Dec I am thinking from 7 to 14 days (I want at least 1 or two days in Tokyo)

It depends on how much I can save up.

It always does around there, mentioned on the Naeba Now page. Iwappara always optimistically say they'll open any time after 1st December when there's snow. Always is at least a few weeks after that when they manage to.

Originally Posted By: Adam Nest
Hey Santa Cruz re: Niseo transfer - I am working with someone named Haruka. S/He seems amazing and is definitely very friendly and helpful.

Hope this helps!

Nice, thanks Adam. Tried to PM you but when I look at your profile it's not enabled. Anyways, my knee has been hurting me the past couple of weeks so I need to see the doc. Hopefully it'll be ok, but holding off booking til I'm sure. Crossing my fingers.

Kagura can get snowfalls at that time, what usually happens is that the main kagura gerende is open and you are bused from the car park at Mitsumata to the Kagura Gondola. i don't know if Kagura has snowmaking facilities, I can't recall seeing them but its not like I was looking for them

I may be wrong, but I think it's only Naeba that uses the snow machines to ensure some early-season turns (and the publicity that goes with an early start...) Kagura's high enough to usually have sufficient real snow by the end of November.

The only big disadvantage with Kagura is its exposure to the wind. It can get very windy up there and even when the lifts stay open, it can be pretty chilly on the open lifts at the end of a long day when the snow's blasting in horizontally. But better that situation than sitting in an office in Tokyo!

can't wait!

SdS

Luckily, Kagura does usually get really good amounts of snow. If Kagura doesn't, pity the resorts lower down at town level as it's the highest and best in the region. I don't think I've ever seen those machines working, but they definitely be there.