• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a couple of example of my snow clearing issues.

My front door which was clear before heading to work in the morning.

3851864161_685e613f72_b.jpg

And my driveway...I really should build a garage!

3851864175_3ae71e1e17_b.jpg

Well, normally I watch the impending winter with interest, sadly this year will be a complete zero for me. It over before it even started (due to a recent knee reconstruction - winter 09/10 will come around too soon for me).

Anyway don't want to kill the vibe too much in this thread, so it's sayonara 09/10 season from me....

bye.gif

ch941125vg7.gif

Originally Posted By: Adam Nest
Making my way to Niseko from Seattle at the end of January 2010.

Hey Adam, I'm in Seattle as well thinking about going sometime this coming season. Where abouts in SEA are you?

The relatively cool weather of the past few days in Tokyo has been a welcome early break from the late summer heat, and a reminder that autumn's now not far away.

I went to bed last night without aircon for the first night in a while and slept pretty well. I'm sure it'll warm up again, but I'm enjoying it while it lasts.

SdS

Santa Cruz: I am in Madison Valley. Tix to Sapporo this winter are cheap...$850 r/t. Can't wait to get to Niseko. Was in Portillo, Chile last summer and had a blast! Excited to see how the 2nd snowiest resort on the planet stacks up to Mt. Baker.

Adam: Madison Valley, nice. I'm in Greenlake about to move though. It's a shame but I actually haven't made it to Baker yet! That's something I'll have to resolve this season. I was looking at ticket prices for Feb and I was seeing around the same price as well. It had some long lay overs though. SEA -> SF -> Tokyo -> Sapporo I think.

Still, I'm pysched to be planning out my trip smile

SantaCruz - I wonder if you can get a SEA-YVR-NRT-CTS routing? I know JAL flies into Vancouver, and I always see a lot of JDM peeps in the airport when I am heading back and forth to Whistler. It would be nice if JAL had a direct YVR-CTS flight, but I don't think they do...

Originally Posted By: Ezorisu
SantaCruz - I wonder if you can get a SEA-YVR-NRT-CTS routing? I know JAL flies into Vancouver, and I always see a lot of JDM peeps in the airport when I am heading back and forth to Whistler. It would be nice if JAL had a direct YVR-CTS flight, but I don't think they do...

I'll check into that, it'd certainly think that it'd be less flight time for me.

I got the ticket thru SFO on All Nippon Airways. Looks like I'll have a few hours to kill at NRT on my way to CTS and a few hours in SFO on the way home.

Cool good to know. I just took a quick look at flights via Farecast, err I man Bing travel.

Where are you moving to?

Moving to Capitol Hill. I lived there before and my gf and I really liked it. Lots of bars and restaurants that are walkable.

Awesome. If you need anyone to ride with this winter, let me know. Baker is a bit of a drive, but doesn't have the crowds that Crystal, Stevens and Snoqualmie get.

If you need help booking Niseko hotel/transfer, I have a great person in Japan I am working with.

Nice. Yeah I mostly just go riding around Seattle with my gf. So the more the merrier really. I do the season pass at Snoqualmie. It's not great by any stretch of the imagination, but it's really close so I can't argue with that. Def a fan of hitting it up for some night boarding.

Re Niseko hotel/transfer - any suggestions would be awesome. I'm going to get my stuff booked in the next month.

Cheers.

Hopefully the resort management teams are too busy making preparations for the season to worry too much about raising their prices and updating their websites!

Actually, given the steadiness of prices over the past few years - I can't recall much in the way of lift pass price inflation since the mid 90s - any substantial price increase would be a bad sign, I reckon.

As for the weather, it remains gloriously cool after the first typhoon of the season to hit Tokyo. Still, of course, far too early to make any meaningful winter predictions from this - but it is putting me in a good frame of mind because it feels like autumn already...

I wonder how cool it is in the mountains right now?

SdS