Shonan Beach - a disgraceful "dump"

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no don't think so.....its the chips, they're just not the same. They are decent and a pretty good substitute if you haven't had them for ages (which was me when I was there)

Indo-Not really spent time at Broken head but I love that whole stretch from Byron to Ballina. You've placed yourself well.

Tubby- Fish and chips is a grease-fest in any country. I'll take your word for it, I haven't sampled enough to comment on that one.

My in-laws had fish and chip THREE nights in a row once when they were out! omg

I couldn't believe it.

Quote:
My in-laws had fish and chip THREE nights in a row once when they were out!

If they had had more than one chip, they might have been sick of them
Originally Posted By: Mantas

Tubby- Fish and chips is a grease-fest in any country. I'll take your word for it, I haven't sampled enough to comment on that one.
My in-laws had fish and chip THREE nights in a row once when they were out! omg
I couldn't believe it.

definitely Mantas, chippys now always seem like a good idea before you eat them, then 10 mins afterwards I feel queasy....almost able to feel the oil move through my veins!!

Nice beach mantas.. Almost perfect cept for the epic right hand point break that is absent wink

On the topic of fish and chips.. hangover day on saturday we did it and those first few bites are yum but then guilt kicks in! next time ( next year!) we will order 2 bits of fish for four of us because they were kong!

I bet the chips were better than those shoddy scottie chips TB, aye!

From what I remember, they serve fish'n'chips on old newspaper in the UK. Do they still do that?

I reckon it depends on the shop you know, but I like Aussie. My favorite is Brunswick heads.

They serve good ones in NZ, too. Actually, really good thumbsup

Originally Posted By: Jynxx
From what I remember, they serve fish'n'chips on old newspaper in the UK. Do they still do that?

I think they stopped that in about 1982.

they stopped using the real newspapers 'cos the ink was harmful.

THey then printed fake newspapers just to wrap it in. Nuts. Now they use plain recycled paper I think. It feels like recycled paper anyway.

Originally Posted By: Indo
Nice beach mantas.. Almost perfect cept for the epic right hand point break that is absent wink

%7B7C7FBD08-7157-4370-AC6E-4C4F772DC6DB%
Normally looks like this.
A great place to visit in the boat for a picnic but you would be surprised at what that place can do with the right swell.

Very sad event today reminded me of this thread.

One of my regular little customers, age 7, was carried into the shop with her leg bandage from knee to ankle, still with her hospital tags on. They had been down the beach on the weekend and she had run up the beach, with her bucket of water and sand to start her sandcastle, got near her parents and dropped to her knees WHERE a broken bottle had been buried in the sand and slashed her whole leg open TO THE BONE!!!!!!!! They had to operate and she has 2 inner rows of stitches and then the top layer is also stitched.

GOOD ON YOU YOU LOSERS PICK YOUR FRIGGIN RUBBISH UP!!!!!! veryangry