Hello

Basically, I am trying to book a skiing holiday for my boss and his two children, and I wasn’t too sure which way to go about this and thought this might be a good place. He attends a Canadian resort on a regular basis but thought Japan seemed like a nice place and he would like to try it out.

I’m looking for a resort that is close to an airport as he only has a week in Japan and it would seem pointless if most of that time was spent travelling. He has also requested that his cabin is in a place where he can come out of his door and get going pretty much immediately. Although he is with 2 children age 10 and 13, they have been skiing for quite some time now and go on roughly 3 skiing holidays a year, so the sport is nothing new to them.

I would just really appreciate any advice on which resorts! It will be in February 2010 and he will be flying out from the UK (London I imagine)

Many Thanks! biggrin

All popular places can be accessed easily. ie. within a couple of hours from an airport. A slopeside cabin might be a little harder to find though. Niseko might be a good bet. Lot's of options and an overall great place for a first trip to Japan snowcountry.

There is plenty of slopeside accommodation at Shiga Kogen and any easy commute from Tokyo. See Resorts & Places to stay at the top of this forum, you won't find a better source.

as those above already mention, there are a lot of options.

where you send you boss also would depend on whether your boss would want not want any of the below:

is the boss interested in a nightlife scene?..

is he/she looking for a japanese cultural experience in addition to the skiing?

is he/she comfortable with a japanese style lodging or would he/she prefer western style accommodation?

Originally Posted By: thursday
interesting what you can do here.

Do you like your boss?
Do you intend to keep/get promoted in current job?

Yes he's a great boss and the only reason he has asked me to book it is because he knows I study Japanese and have a strong interest in the culture etc. I'm afraid I know nothing about skiing though!

Originally Posted By: Mada
as those above already mention, there are a lot of options.

where you send you boss also would depend on whether your boss would want not want any of the below:

is the boss interested in a nightlife scene?..
is he/she looking for a japanese cultural experience in addition to the skiing?
is he/she comfortable with a japanese style lodging or would he/she prefer western style accommodation?

I get the impression that as he has his 2 childeren with him the nightlife will not be that big a deal for him. I would think it would be quite nice to try something more Japanese than western.

Thanks for all the post I'll check out the 2 mentioned!

Depending on the age of the kids, he'll either want to drop them in the ski school or arrange private ski lessons for them. So perhaps a plentiful supply of English speaking instructors would be high on the list. Or perhaps a ski creche at the resort.

There's a small place called Niseko on Hokkaido that is pretty good.

• 1 month later...