• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: Sciclone
Not all of us live over there Thursday, as much as we'd like to...

Sciclone, Thursday lives in Hong Kong.

Hong Kong is not in Japan.
It still entails an international flight etc., and the acquisition of accomodation..

My bad.. Can't read that many kanji/chinese characters.

Still, HK is quite a bit closer. And depending on how much you get paid, a lot more accessible than having to save for over half a year to go..

Been thinking about this winter the last month (cuz its been so bloody hot in Kansai), and not sure if Im going to head to the North Island, or Nagano. Both have advantages - think it may end up depending on how much money I spend this summer traveling.

just snaffled return flights from perth in mid-jan for $1100 each. am pretty chuffed with that.

got a month up our sleeves to spend in honshu somewhere. for some reason i gots myoko on the brain and will prob spend a chunk of time there

Originally Posted By: Mamabear
thumbsup
Great price!

yeah i never normally use travel agents but had a leftover voucher to burn. the deal was with malaysia air if you wan to keep an eye out for something similar next year

I am planning now but want to sort out soon Singapore Airlines only $4700 for 4 but wouldn't have a clue where to go.

Niseko sounds popular but need accomodation tips for family

Help

Seemore

2 weeks nice pwl,

and thank you cb and mb,

one year older hopefully wiser.., hee.

perhaps snowjapan will do many giveaways for the next season.

i once won appi ticket but couldn't fit my schedule and i returned back to the office if i remember correctly..

i do need to see my grandma in iwate so appi is on my list =)

Blimey! Judging from some of the plans, all I can say is that there are a lot of rich people - or people with a lot of time to spare - posting on these boards...

You lot don't know you're born!

Try having a career in Japan and taking 3 weeks (or even 2 weeks) off during snow season!

Yep, suppose I'm just envious - the best I'll do is a few days over Xmas / New Year and hopefully the usual 4 days at Niseko - which makes me pretty lucky by Japanese standards, anyway.

SdS

Originally Posted By: skidaisuki
Blimey! Judging from some of the plans, all I can say is that there are a lot of rich people - or people with a lot of time to spare - posting on these boards...

Not rich.. far from it. I live simply and don't waste money on vices... unless you call a R32 GTR a vice...
Originally Posted By: Sciclone
Originally Posted By: skidaisuki

Not rich.. far from it. I live simply and don't waste money on vices... unless you call a R32 GTR a vice...

took lots of years of hard work to get to be able to take these kind of vacations.
We were married for 8 years before got passports,for our first 'extravagant' 3 star holiday to Bali!!! Took 3 years before we could afford to go oversea's again. And it is only now (20 yrs of marriage/40 yrs old/18yr old business) that we are in a position to enjoy the fruits of labour. And they taste so much sweeter that we had to wait and work for them.