So has anyone started booking there next seasons trip yet?

I started organising my brother and I's next Shiga Kogen trip, then a mate expressed interest (even though he's never been to the snow before, let alone Japan) and then another friend now looks like being interested. Should be good times if it all pans out...

So, who else is doing the powder pilgrimage and where to?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've booked accomodation for Niseko for 4 nights for the start of January for a group of 10.

Looking to book for somewhere in on the main island for late December for another 4 nights for a group of 5.

First time to the snow in Japan so I can't wait!

quite a few of us have.

Niseko 26/12 - 16/1 for me (+5 immediate family +9 friends, so far).

The eldest bearcub and a mate are also booking for Feb for 2.5 weeks Niseko (lucky kid will be there for almost 6 weeks this season, spread over 2 trips!!)

Still trying to sort this out. The gf is going back for her MBA, so that means either we can go during her winter break in late Dec or her spring break in March. Probably leaning towards March since the snow would be more of a sure thing. And I'm thinking the ticket's and lodging may be cheaper.

it is easy to plan short notice when you live close and when it is just you (or you and partner/mates) - little bit more involved when it is a family and a hefty trek.

I have tentative plans for Perisher July school holidays 2010, and Canada Jan 2011 ... but I am only booked 6 months out. Big lead up time is good - for example saw a friend today who is interested in coming to Perisher July 2010 with us, her holidays are booked for Dec/Jan this year so she cant join us in Japan. Those opportunities might not come up if we were not organised.

Originally Posted By: snowhuntress
Yep booked and paid - 14 nights in Niseko then 3 in Sapporo with 6 friends.

When and where? Want to avoid the rowdies, dun want to end up like the bloke on his bike.

My mate just booked our flights with Jetstar (830 return!! Gold Coast to Narita) and I've just sent through the accommodation request form to the place we're booking through.... Looks like its all set... now to book the Tokyo accommodation...

February 10th - 24th Niseko. YEAH YEAH I KNOW we have booked right in the Chinese New Year and it is going to be packed but for those of you who don't already know see Off Topic Argument Thread and you will be up to day with my dilemma.

I would like to be staying at that Niseko Vale it looks pretty sweet.

Originally Posted By: Sciclone
My mate just booked our flights with Jetstar (830 return!! Gold Coast to Narita) and I've just sent through the accommodation request form to the place we're booking through.... Looks like its all set... now to book the Tokyo accommodation...

We got our flights from Brisbane to Chitose Return for $1100!! We were mega happy with that

If its any consolation Mamabear, we paid about 1800 for our flights to Tokyo this year...

I love flying with JAL, but couldn't justify paying the extra 1k for that privilege this time, considering that 1k is paying for my accomodation for 9 nights....

mine were just over 1700 AUD pp Qantas Perth to Narita, then JAL Haneda to Sapporo and return.

Booked the boy for Feb and his were 1500 just for the Qantas Perth - Narita and return - havent booked the JAL bit yet.