These days long haul flights are usually pretty full though unfortunately.

I still can't get over the fact there is no direct flight KIX-London anymore, it is really shocking.

I will definitely be doing the online thing when I go very soon.

Have heard of people getting upgrades after doing that at the airport so I don't think that particular issue is a worry.

Yeah, many of the flights have been consolidated and code-shared. Sometimes 1 flight is shared among 3 operators just to keep it full.

But the HKG-LHR flights number something like 8 a day. Nuts.

JAL and Qantas Code share now which is fine as they are reasonably close in the service stakes ( as long as you don't get one of JAL's older 747's without a personal entertainment system).

Both however have greatly reduced their flights to Sydney and Jetstar has taken over most of the Qantas runs, I am flying there next yoear on Jetstar but in their Star Class so that is OK.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally Posted By: Heather Locklear Rocks
Don't people will kids get an earlier chance to book in (more than 24 h?)

If you have an infant (i.e., under two) and you request the cot, there's only certain places it will go. Normally its the seats (with more leg room and nobody in front reclining back!) at the bulkhead. So yeah, you get your seats before everyone else.

I have booked Bulkhead seats on Jetstar Star Class but if they are needed for kids we miss out.

One thing that I have found funny is JAL and Qantas both no longer fly Sydney to KIX so I am on the Qantas Jetstar flight, as I am in Star Class I get Busines Class One World Frequent Flyer points. I call JAL for the connecting flight to Saporro and they tell me if I had flown a One World Airline they could sell me a ticket at a reduced price but they can not for Jetstar passengers.

I asked how am I meant to achieve that when no One World carrier does SYD to KIX any longer and surely if I am earning One World FFP on Jetstar am I not on a One World carrier.

Wierd.