squatting, snowsports and toilets

Can you guys squat?

how do you find japanese style toilets?

Do you practice squatting for:

1) if you are male, as an anti-prostate enlargement measure

2) Improve your snowboarding or skiing

3) I don't wanna run around finding western style toilets

etc etc

Actually, no, I don't practice squatting!

I find that I can cope reasonably well, haven't ever had to try in ski gear (that would be interesting in the extreme).

I can squat, but very uncomfortably. I only use Japanese style toilet if its the last resort. If I can find a western style I'll use it or if I can hold it I will rather than use the squatter. The thigh burn can get quite intense and I'm always worried that I get crap on my trousers or shoes.

Originally Posted By: JA
Actually, no, I don't practice squatting!

I find that I can cope reasonably well, haven't ever had to try in ski gear (that would be interesting in the extreme).

I have!
Had to use a J-style loo in ski gear - the bottom of the Family Pair lift at Niseko...and of course we lassies need to squat for 'ones' (thankfully never had to use a squat loo for the other!).
I was there - it was convenient - and once I was inside and realised it was not western style loo I thought - what the heck - I am sure I can manage.
I was less impressed about the chill in the air than I was the need to squat ... but given a choice I would have my western loo anyday.

Practicing....Sometimes - but more from the workout the legs so I can get a deeper knee bend riding my board angle than specifically to deal with the toilet facilities.

When I first went to England I couldn't use the western toilet.

I actually squatted on top of it for a while. When you are 5 you can do that.

When I went back to Japan, I couldn't use the Japanese one. It took me a while to get back to it.

I spent a lot of time in the rain forests in Australia. Dig a hole and squat.

Kinda miss doing that here in Germany.

I used to have a squat toilet (and urinal!) when I lived in an 80-year old house in Nagano-ken. Its good for the muscles and produces a 'smoother delivery', but it is a nightmare at 5AM, half asleep with a stinking hangover.

Originally Posted By: Jynxx
When I first went to England I couldn't use the western toilet.
I actually squatted on top of it for a while. When you are 5 you can do that.
When I went back to Japan, I couldn't use the Japanese one. It took me a while to get back to it.
I spent a lot of time in the rain forests in Australia. Dig a hole and squat.
Kinda miss doing that here in Germany.

Are you taking the piss? stir

I don't think I've been to a snow resort in Japan (yet) that didn't have "westerns". Heck, most of the places I go have Washlets too!

I've used squatters before with no "business at hand" trouble, but my keys and wallet fell out of my pockets. I've seen little wire racks within arm's reach in squatter compartments for you to put your stuff on beforehand to prevent this.

A friend of mine was doing a number 2 in a public one here. Several different layers had been laid down and he dropped his phone it.

After a quick rinse, he immediately sold his phone to a street vendor.

Don't go buying used Sony Ericsons in Sham Shui Po.

For public toilets I always go the squatter, none of your body has to be in contact with any of the filthy apparatus. Also squatting is the the most natural way to go.

In my house though I want to sit and take my time and have a read

The easiest way to go for pants wearers is to take one shoe off pull the trousers and underpants completely off on that leg and pull it all to one side and put the shoe back on. That way all you clothes are not in the way at all. Never had a problem at all or dropped anything in the 100's of times doing it.

If you are wearing boots your are screwed.

Recently squatters are a nuisance for me, I recently injured my knee and can't squat deep any more on that leg, that leg is the now leg with trousers bunched to one side now and the other leg takes the full weight.

Originally Posted By: SG

The easiest way to go for pants wearers is to take one shoe off pull the trousers and underpants completely off on that leg and pull it all to one side and put the shoe back on. That way all you clothes are not in the way at all. Never had a problem at all or dropped anything in the 100's of times doing it.

Recently squatters are a nuisance for me, I recently injured my knee and can't squat deep any more on that leg, that leg is the now leg with trousers bunched to one side now and the other leg takes the full weight.

rollabout I don't wan to picture that

lol
Originally Posted By: SG
For public toilets I always go the squatter, none of your body has to be in contact with any of the filthy apparatus. Also squatting is the the most natural way to go.
In my house though I want to sit and take my time and have a read

X2

make sure to lay cable to Canada before you go skiing wink