Inawashiro has awesome views and is a fair size.

Alts is more for young people who like jumps, rails etc and is very well run and modern, has the Burton Nippon open in February.

Nekoma is pretty good for park too, with nice snow.

Gran-deco is good for families, has the best snow but gets packed out and isn't very interesting.

If you are looking for a nice quiet day try Ura-bandai ski-jo. Old lifts, hardly any people, great snow and awesome food. Really good friendly atmosphere.

But my local in Fukushima is Hatori. Couldn't really recommend it if you don't live close but you can't beat the 26000 yen season pass.

And one more deserves a mention- Nango. This place is underground and nuts. If you are a poser and good at park you go to Alts. If you are just damn good you go here.

if launching yourself off kickers, riding pipe is your thing, alts bandai.. after a good dump alts also has some decent tree skiing..

if you're after a quiet scene with good snow, urabandai nekoma.. the slopes face to the north yielding fine, light snow..

Grandeco had awesome snow when I went there 2 years ago, I really enjoyed it BUT it is kinda small and can get a little repetitive for the experienced rider. I was there first thing and it didn't get busy till about 11am, so I had the top of the mountain to myself! great!