Big pre-season discounts? Is this a new thing or are we in new terrority?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: Go Native
Bookings have been going crazy this week! Sold over 1,400 nights so far this week and tomorrow should be huge being the last day of the 25% discount offer. Think we'll still be in business after this winter razz

aarggghh!!!
I gotta book the boy today - thanks for the reminder!

lol

he WAS!

Was off snowboarding Hotham....2 day turnaround from our Thredbo trip the lucky B@&$!@&*

But he's back now.

No I mean I have to book accomodation for the eldest son for Feb. He doesnt have a credit card. I will organise him one of those Visa Debit cards before he goes, but for now it is use Mum's then pay her the cold hard cash thumbsup

Originally Posted By: Creek Boy
not bad GN thumbsup

Are you guys giving away AK-47 with each package tour?

lol

Bimbo: would Jesus carry a gun?
Car Dealer: no, they didn't have guns in those days.

We are doing our thinking and looking... and waiting. One or two of the party aren't sure if they can make it and I've got to admit I'm still in the "saving" mode. It'll be November or so before we can make a comittment.

Well most of our accommodation is now 10% more expensive than it was last week and by Nov much of it will be another 15% dearer. If you still want some good deals I wouldn't leave it too late...

Well most of our accommodation is now 10% more expensive than it was last week and by Nov much of it will be another 15% dearer. If you still want some good deals I wouldn't leave it too late...

Tried to private message you, but it says it's disabled. GN, does your company do bookings from the states?

It is likely YOUR ability to message that has not yet been enabled rather than GNs messages disabled.

You need to ask the friendly SJforums mods if they could please turn you on for messages smile

You will find the vast majority if properties/companies in Niseko take bookings from the states as they are an oversea's market much more than a local one. Most have outstanding english and are easy to communicate with. You wont have a problem.

Point is folks, no point waiting longer thinking we all might throw in some last minute deals cause it aint gonna happen.

We still have some properties available with up to 25% discount. Obviously they are those that are still struggling a little with bookings and may not have the most desirable location in resort but there are still some good deals going and they won't last much longer!

Obviously this is only for luxury, self-contained, western style apartments and houses in Hirafu. If you're after different accommodation to this I actually have no idea about current discounts and how bookings are going.

well let me tell ya GN...

I found MANY of the places I contacted in the more budget end of the spectrum to be booked OUT for Feb (for my son's pre Uni getaway)...cant speak for all, but certainly a large % of the places we asked for quotes from had been booked.

To be fair we wanted 2.5 weeks (but only one room with twin beds) - maybe if you were looking for a week or less it would be easier.

Yesterday the boy said two of his other mates wanted to come - I just laughed and said - they can book thier own darn accomodation then!

Yeah I think a lot of people seem to think that hardly anyone is booking and we're all struggling terribly and will be slashing rates last minute to try and get some bookings. This is not the case thank god!

Originally Posted By: thursday
get them a tent.

lol
rob_snow_tent.jpeg

Just to clarify: We are NOT paying for thier little pre-Uni expedition. They are. That is what thier gap year has been used for - slacking off mainly, but a bit of work and saving of $$ to stimulate the depressed Niseko economy (tongue firmly implanted in cheek here).

I once spent 9 days on a ski trip in a snow cave. Have also spent literally months worth of trips over the years in snow tents on ski trips. Not quite as comfortable as a luxury apartment but great fun!

Quote:
I think a lot of people seem to think that hardly anyone is booking and we're all struggling terribly and will be slashing rates last minute to try and get some bookings

Possibly, but I also think a lot of people are unable to or just simply wary of committing money right now. It's hard out there for a lot of people with a lot of uncertainties.

Its all very well companies wanting to get in bookings early and offering early discounts to encourage it, but I agree a lot of people simply can't commit right now. I know a fair few in that position myself. Nothing to do with a game of wait and see who blinks first.

Also, apart from perhaps the pick of the bunch in Niseko, and for peak peak holidays, theres sod all reason really to be in a rush anyway in most places if you don't have to be. Lots and lots of places ARE 'struggling terribly' and will be come mid February as well.

I'm talking hotels, not flights.

I once spent 9 days on a ski trip in a snow cave. Have also spent literally months worth of trips over the years in snow tents on ski trips. Not quite as comfortable as a luxury apartment but great fun!

Amen. Dirtbagging is highly underrated party