Hi guys, anyone got any clue what a cheap pair of ice skates would set me back if I bought them in Japan?

Background:

Went ice skating with the kids yesterday and they loved it, but the hire skates were APPALLING! They were they horrid hard plastic things with wet, mouldy and torn lining. All 4 of the kids we took have massive blisters and friction sores from just a 2 hr session.

I had a quick look at places to buy them here (and because we have only 2 ice rinks in the whole state) the range and price range was limited - close to $AUD300 a pair.

Quick search online found a USA website that ships to Aus that is selling some groovy (yet bottom of the range - which is FINE) K2 skates that look super comfortable for about $US60 (then I need to add postage.

Because I am coming to Tokyo in December I was wondering if it was worth my while just buying a couple of pairs for the kids when we get there then, or if I should order from the US...

Anyone?

(BTW - if the hire skates were not like torture devices I would not even be thinking about buying - but there is just this line - and that line has been crossed)