Anyone else see the press conference Sarah Palin did yesterday for her resigning as Emperor of Alaska? Bizarre. Was she drugged up or something? Scary thing is though is that she is back and after being the Prez. Let us be scared!

I'll have to try and find a youtube clip.

lol doh

She might be a pit bull/soccer Mom, but...

She is NOT a lame duck.

And she is NOT a dead fish, because they go with the flow.

(what the ....)

And hallelujah she will also NOT be the govenor of Alaska for much longer.

So far, she's only "back" in the headlines. No indication of the reasoning behind her sudden resignation, just a lot of news people's interpretations.

Some of them wouldn't recognise hard news if it hit them in the eye!

Thank goodness we (in OZ) don't have that crazy US style "democracy" that could lead to someone like that being our "second in charge". At least we don;t have to vote for the "boss and their 2IC" just for our local member and the winning party has to pick the boss.

Makes a whole lot more sense than the US model. Look what happened to John Winston Howard - even the party leader can lose their seat if they stuff up often enough.

• 4 months later...

Sarah Palin sets sights on new push for the White House

Anyone seeking clues as to whether Sarah Palin plans to run for US president in 2012 should consider the quotation from her father, Charles Heath, that she uses to introduce the final chapter of her new book, Going Rogue. "She's not retreating," he says. "She's reloading!"

This week America will resound to the deafening roar of automatic rifle fire being discharged by Palin across its airwaves. The first volley was let off today in the form of an hour-long interview with Oprah Winfrey.

Tomorrow morning will open with a round of sniper fire that will rattle on through the week: a multi-part conversation with the doyenne of television interviewers, ABC News's Barbara Walters.

veryshocked

Oh god. It discouraged me deeply when I heard that Miss California's hero was Sarah Palin. Seriously made me cringe. She also doesn't think any tax dollars should be used for welfare! Great.

Originally Posted By: JA
Thank goodness we (in OZ) don't have that crazy US style "democracy" that could lead to someone like that being our "second in charge". At least we don;t have to vote for the "boss and their 2IC" just for our local member and the winning party has to pick the boss.

Makes a whole lot more sense than the US model. Look what happened to John Winston Howard - even the party leader can lose their seat if they stuff up often enough.

Well the issue is not with our system so to speak. Sure the electoral college may be a bit impartial to someone more qualified, but it's the people here. The issue is our citizens choose a path of self-imposed ignorance when it comes to politics. Look at our voting turnout. I could explain to you the issue of the horrible job US citizens do of keeping themselves informed but I am sure the rest of the site knows.
Originally Posted By: Go Native
Yeah the rest of the world is pretty aware of just how ignorant most Americans are. wink

Okay, but it has to be looked at by a median. There is a majority of ignorance, but largely in the universities you will find a globally embracing culture that actually contributes productively to the global advancement.

Yeah we get a lot of bad rap, but in a certain aspect, beyond the assumption of our problematic educational system, there is a large underlying population of educated young people. I think once the baby boomers stop running our country, you will see a vast change of economic and political structure for the better.