ohhh!! BoC! Aren't you lovely!

That's more sympathy than I have got from the entire bear pack wink

Thursday, maybe without all the beer in the belly to break it down you have turned lactose intolerant?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the advice CB.

I had 2 glasses of champagne on Friday Night out with the girls (and my pain killers are only over the counter) and was floored on Saturday. It was not good. The pot might be a good suggestion, if I knew where to source some! LOL [maybe I will have to go ask my kids!!]

I really don't like jogging, but it's good exercise. Just worried about the old knees, so trying to keep off roads.

I didn't like jogging either. But I read somewhere we are designed to run rather than walk. That did it for me. Assuming you all know how to run longer distance evilgrin and don't wear those expensive high tech shock absorbing shoes that does more damage to you, I enjoy running cos I get the "hit" and can cover a lot of distance. I agree I don't like running on the road. I run backwards, too. I like it when you break that block and you are in the zone ...

Found tennis a very good work out on the body. Have found the legs last much longer on the slopes. now and you get to smash a ball around if your had a bad day

Because I can do it and it's fun. I can run sideways, too. 360

degrees awareness ... and develops muscles you don't use.

you ask people what's the point of skiing backwards, too? wink

Hi everyone...

Have been lurking for a few months and looking forward to reading lots of past posts.

I am going to have to work out an exercise regime for our third trip to Japan next February.

On Tuesday I took half a day off work and went for my first ski of the season at Perisher and now every skiing muscle in my body knows about it!

And to think, Zalis run at Blue Cow is a fraction of the length of most in Japan, but at least there were no queues. In fact I skied quite a few runs on perfect corduroy.

you can read past posts while still lurking. So what chu on about?

I like the Zalis run at Blue Cow. It's fantastic. One of the best. I recommend for anyone wanting to ski perfect corduroy thumbsup

Fantastic place. For bookings, I can recommend a great place, please contact: ************. Say thurs sent you.

I tried jogging for a while but quickly realised it wasn't for me. For a start I didn't like the people oggling me! I'd much rather go down the gym. Or better still be sliding down the snow.

gym is doing it for me at the moment, weight training and aerobic exercise. plug in the iPod and watch ski movies as I cycle myself to better fitness

gym is about 12,000 yen / month.

Has loads of aerobic machines (stationary bike, treadmill, olyptical bike...)i.e. I have never had to weight for a free machine) enough weight machines and plenty of free weights. 25 M indoor pool and a couple of studios if you want to join Yoga, aerobics classes and what have you.

I really miss swimming in a olympic size pool.

With 25m, I just get up to speed and then I have to stop.

Miss swimming in the ocean, too.

I reckon the best aerobic and form workout for ski is rope skipping.