• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I truly hate exercise just for the sake of excercise and health. I love outdoor sports like skiing, hiking, kayaking and such but you couldn't get me to spend more than 5 minutes in a gym without me probably throwing something at someone. I'm not fit and definitely more than a little overweight but I couldn't really care less. Skiing powder is almost effortless anyway! highfive

I am frustrated.

I was doing an hour a day minimum - swimming, hill sprints, power walks, bike, weights, shadow boxing. Some days I managed morning and night and did 3 hours. But since my surgery I am getting tired just washing my hair - seriously. And I am not allowed to drive.

I am really missing the exercise endorphins and can not wait to get back into it!

I am post surgery day two - can you imagine what I am going to be like by next week. Tearing my hair out.

600 Cal per hour sounds reasonable, but surely that is for 1 hour of continuous skiing. In an hour I would be lucky to get in 25 min, with the other 35 in a reasonable gondola

Originally Posted By: Mamabear
I am frustrated.
I was doing an hour a day minimum - swimming, hill sprints, power walks, bike, weights, shadow boxing. Some days I managed morning and night and did 3 hours. But since my surgery I am getting tired just washing my hair - seriously. And I am not allowed to drive.
I am really missing the exercise endorphins and can not wait to get back into it!

I am post surgery day two - can you imagine what I am going to be like by next week. Tearing my hair out.

I'm hearing you MB - I am struggling big time with my lung/heart condition and miss my cardio fitness I used to have and the hardest thing for me is the weight gain YUCK!!!! Skiing on the other hand LOVE IT - As long as I had a face mask on to stop cold air into the lungs and didn't stress my lungs I could go all day AND DID and I lost weight!!! Maybe that is the answer just follow the snow around all year lol.

Oh now you are talking Snowhuntress!!!

It would be nice to be independently wealthy, buy a little place in 3 or 4 resorts world wide and just ski from January to December and repeat!

Originally Posted By: grungy-gonads
Quote:
I think the hardest thing about jogging is putting your sneakers on

That's just silly really.

Yep. Clearly it's having to wear different clothes.

I prefer hill sprints to jogging - I get less shin pain. Go figure.

But this is the point where I once again extol the virtue of an indoor ski slope. If we could have one in Perth I could go do my daily or even thrice weekly exercise doing something I enjoy rather than having to don the sneakers, or bathers and goggles!

I prefer biking to running any day. Ever since the army i just despise running not to mention it hurts my knees.

The kids however have caught the triathlon bug and bug me to run with them agh!

Originally Posted By: quattro
I prefer biking to running any day. Ever since the army i just despise running not to mention it hurts my knees.

The kids however have caught the triathlon bug and bug me to run with them agh!

Awesome! All the best to them and their training. One of the most grueling sports in the world thumbsup

If triathlon meant riding 3 different varieties of bike (road bike, mountain bike and "mama-chari") I might even try it. The swimming and running (I mean knee destruction) phases are what put me off.

SdS

SdS - I'd take the swimming anyday. Running I am trying to teach myself (once the shoulder is moving properly) with C25K, but the bike I am not in love with - at all! Looks like tri is NOT the challenge for me....I will keeping "trying" but I doubt I will ever love the bike.

Originally Posted By: skidaisuki
If triathlon meant riding 3 different varieties of bike (road bike, mountain bike and "mama-chari") I might even try it. The swimming and running (I mean knee destruction) phases are what put me off.

SdS

Do you swim? Best full-body workout minus the knee impact there is. I go 2-3 days/week and I feel 100% rejuvenated afterwards, but just wish it was as convenient to be able to do as running!! Nothing easier than walking out your front door, office, hotel, etc...

Agreed CB.

I am missing my swim's. I can't get back in the pool until my stitches are out next week Tuesday. Maybe it is the big drop in exercise endorphin's that have made me feel so low this week.