Quote:
Originally posted by s_f_g / sam:
How much fun would it be teaching a littlie to board! how CUTE!!!
Get up! GET UP!! Don't just lie there like a beached pilchard, geddup and board for chrissakes! No, I'm not coming back up to help you! Yes, it's cold, there wouldn't be any friggin snow if it wasn't!! Turn! TURN!! WATCH THAT MINISKIER YOU'LL BE GIVING THE NEXT GENERATION A BAD NAME IF YOU RUB HER OUT!! Gomenasai, gomensai, daijobu desuka? Gomensai... PILLOCK! I SAID TURN!!

I hope to be at it until I snap in half and die on the gelende.

I will turn 30 soon enough and I intend to teach sking at first and then the tykes can choose what ever they want to do. I hope the inlaws can still take them Mt climbing and to respect nature too.

I hope I can ski when I 'm 30 let alone 80 or 90. My knees ache already. Ibuprophen is my best friend. If not I can always amputate them and ski in one of those hydrolic buckets. I saw a guy at Whistler in one come flying off a Cornice and then doing like 2 or 3 GS turns down a huge face.

If I can't ski hard in my old age hopefully I will at least be able to tour around on some glaciers if any are left.

As for teaching your children to ski as most people have posted I would have to say no way to that. Keep the kids away from me. None of that.

my dear old gramps is 85 years old and still takes a 2-week trip to aspen every year...

amazing...I hope I can do that when I get that age

danz

Did the skyline ridge at Happone with a 60 plus Japanese guy I met on the lift one time. He ducked under the ropes and was audibly whooping with glee as he cranked some early season powder turns. I'll be happy if I can do the same sort of thing when I'm his age-neverending adolescence.

I think Ill be more into touring than resort stuff in middle age, but then maybe back to resorts when Im old and decrepit and cant hike. With a busted knee already Im just hoping that I dont get all twisted up with arthritis and have to hang up the planks early.

Zweglen, what do you mean by touring?

As touring to me is old people taking bus tours to old places like Castles etc and maybe stopping off at a tea room for scones with jam and cream?

Somehow you don't seem that kind of girl.

scones and jam and cream - oh my!

Nah i was talking more about not going pell mell down the mountain getting back on the lift and doing it againandagainandagain. More hiking etc as its less injury prone and Ill need the fitness when my metabolism packs up

i could go a nice scone right now.

sometimes the convenience stores can be a real let down. inadequately stocked with things that would be really convenient.

if i tackled one of the aforementioned buses to the ground and gained access to its inner refuge, would i be guaranteed of acquiring a scone?

It's inprobable.

The aforementioned bus is packed with a slobbering toothless mass of 70+ ers, who gaurd their scones with their lives. Any kind of attempted hijacking would surely end in disaster unless equipped with:

a) Spinach (they love it)

B) a small child so they can pinch his/her cheek and wipe stuff off the childs face using spit and a hankey.

;\)

• 1 month later...