Nikko temples and Chuzenjiko, Nikko, Tochigi

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you. Actually, there might not be any more trips before my summer holiday. We shall see. I have a lot of things to do before then, I don't really like the heat and the weather doesn't co-operate much at the moment sadface

So it might be September before I can continue my Japan travels.

But I have a few places lined up for then and always adding more.

Fun!

Originally Posted By: muikabochi
Thanks. Rob and Ezorisu - no, didn't do or see those things. That walk Rob, is that on the other side of the river on the other side of the road from the temples?

Yep - you walk past lots of bakajizo - with red hats on, get to see some stunningly clear water along the way as well. Will hunt out my pics on my pc, and post some up.

The highlight from our visit last year to Nikko was Tamozawa - the old imperial residence. Most people seem to flock around the temples however.

There's a really awesome soba restaurant almost opposite too. thumbsup

a>

These two pics are too big so will just put up links

http://snowjapan/_X4DA0hI7j50/SHuOkavp1PI/AAAAAAAAARE/9NJjYvAGMMQ/SV101844.JPG

http://snowjapan/_TVx4sXnvD58/ShG_xVK7oZI/AAAAAAAAC0s/CMn-bhJjAMQ/IMG_3177.jpg

We also went to one of those 'old town' re-creations - Edo-mura. What a waste of time that was. There was also a closed down 'Western' theme park. Our driver said it used to be really popular until the bubble burst.

• SnowJapan Admin

Photos being too big will not be a reason for them not displaying using the tags.

Did you not try uploading them to SJ, Myoko Guy?

It's very easy and the system now resizes photos automatically.

If you try and need any help please just let us know.

friend

• 2 weeks later...
  • SnowJapan Moderator

Hi snowjunky - you just need to be careful to put before and after the URL of the image. That URL will always end with .jpg or .JPG - if there's anything else after that it needs to disappear. Hope that helps. Thanks friend

• SnowJapan Moderator

There was some stuff after the end of the URL, like ? and some numbers. Not sure where they were coming from, but they needed to be taken off. If you ever have any problems just give one of us a shout.

Thanks for sharing snowjunky.

It doesn't looks busy at all when you went.

Is that the Chuzenjiko waterfall taken from above then?

We are seriously considering putting Nikko on our plans.

Ta Bag

Yes it was quiet, being winter and all. We tagged the trip on at the end of a couple of weeks ski time. Actually did it as a long day trip out of Tokyo though spending an overnighter in Nikko would be better. Plenty of reasonably priced ryokan around at that time of year.

The waterfall is Kegon Falls just 300 metres from the main street of Chuzenji Onsen. My waterfall pic is quite a contrast to Muikabochi's summer shots earlier in this thread - both in content & photographic quality (I suspect Muika's gear is a lot more sophisticated than my point & shoot Fujifilm). And yes it was taken from the top viewing platform. Friggin cold up there!

Another Chuzenji main street highlight was watching the urban monkeys wrestling with tourists & their plastic shopping bags.

With the history, temples, shrines, lake & general scenery it is worth adding to your plans if you can