Japan ski resorts that won't make it to the 09/10 season?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So those two in the picture don't have a joint ticket!? All too typical inaka intransigence at work there, people. They'd rather run the place into the ground than have anything to do with that lot over there.

Really bad for business that - people love linked resorts and 'all-mountain' passes - they think they are getting better value (and often are). They will stay longer because they get bored less.

We forked out for an all mountain pass in Switzerland so that we could go up and over into Italy - we had a 2 week pass, and only went up and over on one day (some days the top was closed due to weather which meant we didnt do it more than once) - they got quite a bit extra cash out of us x 6 for the flexibility of being able to go when we wanted - yet we only did it one day. But we still felt we got value in our tix. Win for the resort - win for us....its not hard.

is the about the equivalent of about $1,000,000 US.

I really don't know too much about it the sale.....but really it must be loosing a lot of money...and they might even be back taxes to pay.

I will ask around to find some more info...

Originally Posted By: thursday
stem, that is a nice looking piece of real estate. What would be the liklihood of a local gaijin running the place with a silent partner?

You thinking about going into business there Thursday?
Originally Posted By: Mamabear
stem, that is a nice looking piece of real estate. What would be the liklihood of a local gaijin running the place with a silent partner?

Ok so i asked a few questions......I got the sums wrong. its about 3,000,000US$ that includes the hotel and ski lifts. The ski area land is owned by different people and will be leasehold.
Originally Posted By: stemik

Ok so i asked a few questions......I got the sums wrong. its about 3,000,000US$ that includes the hotel and ski lifts. The ski area land is owned by different people and will be leasehold.

slap

Rather interesting proposition at 1 mil don't you think. And if fellow SJs were interested, maybe a 200k each. Even happier. Of course, I'd be the one naming the restaurant and tending bar, whereas some lass needs to be at reception and a local gaijin would be concierge.
Originally Posted By: muikabochi
I don't know the full story but I believe they have shut up shop and are no more, the company and the bar.

That does not surprise me. I got the distinct impression they were all talk and little substance. Heard a few less than satisfied reports as well.