Japan ski resorts that won't make it to the 09/10 season?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No - the bar being talked about was Bottle Bar, near Yuzawa Ropeway. Well it was, it isn't there anymore.

But, on the subject of Snodeck, that is not opening this winter either. Closed as well.

friend

Shame to hear about gaijins shutting up. All things begin equal, I would have thought more English speakers in Niigata would help them raise their profile and get more o/s customers in. With the access from Tokyo, Niigata must be a good choice for some people. Especially those who would like to fit a bit of skiing into a principally "visit Japan" holiday.

Yes it is. And you are right Mr Wiggles. Snodeck was popular. The other company probably went at it and spent way too much right from the start to ever have a hope of making a go of it. Having said that I don't know the full story just guessing from what I have heard.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • SnowJapan Admin

Yes it has been officially announced now that it is going back to it's original Kandatsu Kogen name with a new company behind it. The new logo looks rather familiar as well, here it is:

kandatsu-new-logo.gif

It's good to hear that Kandatsu is going to be opening, lots of people in Yuzawa were worrying that it wouldn't and for a time it looked like the chances were slim.

Lots of people owed as well I heard.

Anyway. I was in Yuzawa yesterday and 2 things I noticed.

The Blue Ball Bar (I think that was the name, never been) seems to have closed down too with a estate agent sign gone up looking for tenants. Perhaps having a bar in Yuzawa ain't so good business.

The MacDonalds on Route 17 seems to be closed as well. The giant packet of chips that was over the door has been taken down as well as all the signage and it looked like they were preparing to take the building down or renovate it. Gourmet lovers will be distressed.