The FOOTBALL Thread (2009-2010)

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But before then, Liverpool at Old Trafford on Sunday

Here's what Mr Useless on the beeb says

"As the season draws towards the finale they get stronger and stronger. I tipped Chelsea at the start of the season, but if someone would let me change to Man Utd I would be very happy.

I expect Benitez will play a flat back eight! The thing for Liverpool is that Torres is starting to look really sharp and dangerous and he frightens United."

Mini Rafa-rant

Quote:
Rafael Benítez's dislike of Sir Alex Ferguson manifested itself tonight in the Liverpool manager responding to another damaging setback to his side's aspirations of qualifying for the Champions League by demonstrating more bitterness towards the man who has become his nemesis in English football.

Benítez was aggrieved by the penalty that set Manchester United on the way to a 2-1 win, accusing Antonio Valencia of diving, and he referred to his previous accusations that Ferguson placed referees under pressure. "We know about the influence of Sir Alex in everything," he said. "I've seen three replays [from different angles] and the last one was suspicious. See the replay for yourself and how he fell to the ground." Asked whether he was saying it was a dive, he replied: "Yes, I think so. There is contact but the way he fell down – it was strange."

Television pictures showed the initial contact from Javier Mascherano had been outside the penalty area and Benítez was asked whether Ferguson had been trying to get into the mind of the referee, Howard Webb, when he talked on Friday of the Anfield club getting preferential treatment. "Just on Friday he said something?" he interrupted, his tone heavy with sarcasm. "Which Friday? This Friday or every Friday? Or every Friday of every year?"

Come on Rafa, you KNOW you want to say more. Come on, let it all out! wink

Not very.

I have a few mates that have season tickets and they tell me that they personally know no-one that supports him now.

Funny, they toldme recently that you can often here his name being sung (in a positive way) from the Kop, but because they see no evidence of his 'popularity' they reckon Rafa just has a previously-prepared CD full of Rafa chants and he sticks it over the speakers. lol