The FOOTBALL Thread (2009-2010)

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
When I was playing with him with England, I would be the one scoring most of the goals and he would be in behind. But now we have lost the goals of Cristiano Ronaldo and someone had to take that on. Wayne's finishing has been unbelievable, as well as his general play. If he continues like this, he will be one of the world's best.

"A lot of people relate to him, the way he plays. That is why he is so popular, the England fans sing his name, the United fans sing his name. He is as he comes across, a local scally come good. He is a cracking lad and a cracking player.

"That he is playing so well is unfortunate for me, because it means I get less [playing time]. Of course I want to play a bit more, but I have had some cracking times already at United. I have played in something like 25 games, and whenever I am called upon I am fit and ready.

"You never give up but me getting back in the England squad is, in racing terms, a long shot. It has been a long time since I was called up."

Oh well. Guess who that was. A Scouser true and true. Man, do I hate Owen.

what kinda language is this to come from the Guardian?

Quote:
Her statement was brief, but not frustratingly so: it pretty much said it all. "Cheryl Cole is separating from her husband Ashley Cole. She asks the media to respect her privacy during this difficult time. We have no further comment to make." The rubric is that this follows weeks of "speculation": and yes, if by "speculation", you mean an entire nation rising up with one voice to shout "Leave him! He's a tosser!", then that's exactly what everyone's been doing.'

Chelsea are not looking great, as a promoter of marriage and family values: will they keep their heads down until it blows over, or tough it out? I would come out blazing if I were them. I would release a statement saying how much worse the players are at Manchester United. It might not limit any damage, but it would probably be true and it would give us all a laugh.

lol