• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ooh now I am drooling Muika

6 months till I re-taste those delicacies.

I can't find authentic Japanese cuisine in my area. sadface

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
I know Cairns is a fair bit away from the Sunshine Coast BUT I had some good Ramen up there when I was there. Plenty Japanese restaurants up that way

Probably because there are lots of Japanese too. I was quite amazed when I was there a couple of years ago.

Nothing like a good bowl of chyashu-ramen on a balcony overlooking the slopes. yummy

Prices in the Myoko resorts are a bit more expensive than down the hill but I wouldn't say they are gouging tourists - unlike Thredbo. veryshocked

...and the rest!

Prices are RIDI-CALLOUS.

Have just been thinking about eats next week and how I can keep the budget down for my friends. We are staying at an Eco Lodge near the ski tube for 2 nights, so we can self cater breakfast and dinner if we wish, on mountain for lunch at Perisher.

I am thinking a day tripper package to Charlottes Pass one of those days - you get the oversnow transport, lift pass and a hot lunch at the hotel for the same price as the one day lift pass, plus the advantage of quieter slopes which will suit my beginner buddies.

Our 3 night accomodation in Thredbo includes 3 breakfasts and one dinner - that helps.

But booze is where they really gouge!! I think I might have to stop off in Jindy and stock up.