• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Minestrone & garlic toast at the Ace Hill cafeteria in Niseko Hirafu. The turkey chile at Deer Valley ain't bad either, and the chile at the Roundhouse in Whistler is pretty good (does anyone see a pattern here?).

Originally Posted By: thursday
you people have missed a complete food group.

BEER

Originally Posted By: TubbyBeaver
Katsu Curry is my lunchtime staple, with a 2 beer maximum, don't wanna be too out of control after lunch!! the pizza at Naeba is good, as are the burgers at Alts Bandai, for absolute value for money, the Lunch buffet at the small curry shack at Tashiro is excellent!!

I didn't!!

I have had some tasty octopus balls in Osaka a while back.

I can't remember the Japanese name for them, can someone remind me

At Takamagahara, the pizza in the hotel across the road from the lifts and carpark is good. The curries and stuff at the cafe infront of the lift is also quite satiating

Ichinose - Nepalese Curry/Tandoori

Furano - Pizza at the top of the high-speed ropeway. Otherwise Katsu curry at the bottom of Kitanomine zone isn't bad.

and beer...

Originally Posted By: grungy-gonads
Thick cut fried spuds with their little jackets still on with tomato sauce and mayonnaise. Even better if they are garlic taste.

We call them 'wedges' here and serve with sweet chilli sauce and sour cream.
Originally Posted By: I'm Sexy
Looks good!

I usually have big breakfast (maybe I should not but cannot resist) and so only snack for lunchtime. always lunchtime is quite on mountain also as many people do lunch

Spot on. Two monster egg and fish sandwiches (made with real bread, not hotel bread) on the bus on the way to the hill. Keeps you going from first lift until 2 or 3pm. The sweet lunchtime void is perfect for high-speed straightlining runs.

If I do start to fade, it's takoyaki for me.