• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^ Car in bumper deep pow was something I hadn't seen before - nice.

Originally Posted By: Metabo Oyaji
There is a Komeito poster shown with the slogan from their 2005 Manifesto on it, so maybe the old look is artistic styling?

I stand corrected; definately from this century.

I had the pleasure of skiing with this guy last winter. There IS such a thing as natural talent (well, growing up on a ski resort probably helps too). All J stuff was shot in the Niseko area.

BTW he will be featured in the new MSP movie IN DEEP (same Japan footage)

Here's what he said about skiing in Japan.

"I had fun times last season, skied some deep powder and travel all over the world, Russia, Italy, USA, Switzerland, France, Alaska but my favourite trip was the one to your place in Japan. Epic snow, lot's of different runs, good food and such a nice hospitaIity.. I would love to come back next season."

Can I get a witness?

• 1 month later...

MrSingh. Seriously, why not rather than post that just email SJF and ask them about this. They are good, friendly, kind people - they even like little animals - and often get back to people very quickly. wink

They don't always check every post and might miss a comment on here. I know for a fact that with lots of the annoying and frankly rude stuff they sometimes put up with, they appreciate a bit of civility. As most people do, "in the real world".

The Silver Season

This movie is about 2 years old, I think. Spectacular opening shots - see it on a large, wide screen if you can. The movie is so so, but okay if you like skiing. smile Available at Tsutaya video rental, unfortunately no English subtitles.

(Sorry, don't know how to embed video.)

Originally Posted By: Hotaka Scott
Trailer...

i saw that signiatures trailer a while back in the HD widescreen version, it really is one of the most beautifullly filmed snow movies i have seen ever...as long as the movie IS like the trailer! stunning HD vision and great locations....
anyone know where gentem is located so i can go thank them?

larger version http://vimeo.com/5944026

footage comes from the nimbus crew, no?

alot more footage on their website (nimbus independent)..

"en route" and "hunting yeti" series are superb.. i think some of the footage from en route made it onto contrast..

The Dark side is a Pink Floyd Album.

But in this sense it is the mellow laid back feel of the soul whether it be skiing or boarding it is about the feeling of you and the mountain.