Terrible, terrible movies that are worth watching

I couldn't find the old thread and it wasn't quite as clear purpose as this one might be.

Last night I watched Ice Spiders. Below is a review that is fairly spot on. It was an absolutely brainbashingly terrible movie, but fun to watch. Skiing in it too, set at a ski resort.

So come on lets colleting others for our entertainment lifestyle.s

Quote:
Without question the most gloriously awful movie I've ever had the honor of seeing

The plot of the movie is that some government scientists engineer giant spiders in order to harvest their silk for Department of Defense purposes. The only problem is that one of the scientists tampers with the experiment, the spiders get out, and it's up to a fleet of B-actors to stop them or flap on the ground in a spot where a giant spider will later be edited in killing them trying.

This movie enters a qualitative threshold that I did not know could exist. You see, once a film reaches a certain level of "awful," the people involved start to notice (as evidenced by the tongue-in-cheek extra-low budget Adult Swim shows "Saul of the Mole Men" and "Tim and Eric Awesome Show Great Job"). Somehow, the cast of Ice Spiders was unaware of the lousiness of the film they were making. The only kind of television I've ever seen in my life - which has probably been shortened substantially by the cumulative doses of TV movies I've had over the years - that could rival "Ice Spiders" for quality are commercials made by regional furniture dealerships. Speaking of commercials, kudos to Orkin for their advertising during the world premier of this "film." The computer effects appear to have been designed with software from the 1980s, the acting is beyond awful - and I mean that seriously; some of this comes off like the actors were cold-reading the script - and the overall premise defies description. Thank God I taped it, because somehow I just know that this film can only be enhanced by VHS static lines.

It was on Fox SciFi Channel or whatever they call it so no doubt repeated about 340403 times in the next few weeks.

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anything that is inside the space ship movie..

I think it started after the aliens... Just people running around in a industry cargo looking set being freaked out with latex monster outfit

Originally Posted By: thursday
Final Destination. Stumbled upon it, but couldn't stop watching.

there a few of em.....they get worse as the number gets higher.
Originally Posted By: miller
The Sixth Day.

Arnie being as bad as he can be.
Well creepy Sim Pal toys.
Lots more.
Oh yes, it's bad.

its a crap movie but a pretty interesting premise for a movie, sadly they failed to deliver

got rid of my cable at the end of May.....too expensive for no footy on the TV, my mrs hardly watches TV but now I feel like I have a leg missing or something! Don't know what to do with myself, should maybe get off my fat arse and get back into exercising!! smile